`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has your collection & philosophy of collecting changed in 2015?

RE: How has your collection & philosophy of collecting changed in 2015?
Over the past several years I have only collected BGS rookies of allstar type players. I wasn't collecting much of the stuff after the 2006 RC change and was running thin on guys to get before then so my interest was waning.

So in March I started a BGS Player Registry which I have been thinking of doing for a few years now. I wasn't sure which player I wanted to collect but settled on Chipper Jones. I hope he gets into the HOF because that was a consideration when I started was that it be a Hall of Famer.

I also wanted it to be a Gem Mint collection so I am very picky on what I buy.

Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux were also in the running but Jones won out due to being a Brave his whole career and having a large number of cards on the market.

I still have the urge to start a Registry of Greg Maddux because I feel he was the best of the best when it came to pitchers and I think a high end Registry of him would be awesome. I just need the self control to not start another collection that eats money!
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

RE: How has your collection & philosophy of collecting changed in 2015?
It's nice to see so many people collecting vintage. I have always dabbled a bit in vintage (mainly because vintage cards are expensive) but mainly my collecting focus was gem mint Michael Jordan cards for my registry.

Towards the end of 2015 I started having doubts about continuing my MJ collection as I wanted to start strictly collecting vintage. The last few months I have slowed down considerably on purchasing mj cards and started focusing mainly on vintage. I have even been looking at some nice T206 cards that I've always wanted but didn't want to spend the money on.

2016 should be interesting (and expensive)!