`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Topps Superfractor

Topps Superfractor
I have the 2008 Topps Chrome Superfractors #1 Clay Buchholz (1/1, autograph, rookie card, seems to be NM-Mint condition).

I can't seem to find much information on pricing for similar cards online and was wondering if anybody knew how much cards similar to this one have sold for before?

RE: Topps Superfractor
1/1s will not be priced due to scarcity. A rookie autograph superfractor is going to vary drastically in price with how the demand for the particular player. A few years ago Buchholz was a top name and that card could've generated some very high dollar signs. If he becomes a big name again the demand for his cards will rise as will the value of that superfractor. The upside is that he plays for the RedSox which has a huge following, and it seems like every 3 years he has a great year, so he is due for one in 2016.
As for sale value, I would say if you were to try to sell it right now you would probably get $100-$200 for the card. Keep in mind it's off-season so the value isn't as high as it will be once Spring Training starts. However if he has a great year the value could reach 5 to 10 times that.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-28-2015, 06:27 PM)djohn Wrote: 1/1s will not be priced due to scarcity. A rookie autograph superfractor is going to vary drastically in price with how the demand for the particular player. A few years ago Buchholz was a top name and that card could've generated some very high dollar signs. If he becomes a big name again the demand for his cards will rise as will the value of that superfractor. The upside is that he plays for the RedSox which has a huge following, and it seems like every 3 years he has a great year, so he is due for one in 2016.
As for sale value, I would say if you were to try to sell it right now you would probably get $100-$200 for the card. Keep in mind it's off-season so the value isn't as high as it will be once Spring Training starts. However if he has a great year the value could reach 5 to 10 times that.
+1

Excepting vintage, best to wait like mentioned above to sell until spring training or after the season starts.

Example think about the Trout RC in 2011 update......you couldn't give them away from November, 2011 to April, 2012. From May on, you made (or thought you did at the time....lol) a killing selling them.

Good luck on a nice card.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.