`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first T206 card

My first T206 card
Looks like I was a good boy this year as Santa out this beaut in my stocking. 1909-11 T206 #24 Johnny Bates. This is great! Very excited about this being the first one in my collection. The grade is not bad but the card looks way better in person. The only blemish is the bottom right corner. There will be more to come. This is the centerpiece of my small collection. Thanks for the look!

[Image: t206%20front_zpshib1fmng.jpg]

[Image: t206%20back_zpsvjdh79w4.jpg]
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

RE: My first T206 card
Awesome, congrats on getting a sweet card. Looks great in the SGC slab.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

sweet, congrats! I'm actually thinking about getting some of the T206's as well!

Very nice stocking stuffer, congrats!

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Great card. Congratulations. Once you get one T206 there is no stopping. It does become an addiction. I picked my first one over 4 years ago. I do have over 60 now, and planning to add about 15 this year. They are some amazing looking cards.

You got that right. I'm eyeing a Sam Crawford card as the next one but I need to gather some more paypal funds for it. Hoping by spring time.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Very nice. The problem with vintage and prewar cards is like Pringles. " you can't stop with 1" I have been working on mine for 13 years but I did take 2 years off during that time collecting T-206's but I can say I only need 60 more to complete the 524 card set minus the big 8

Check out my t206 stories and facts thread when you get a chance
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

very nice, congrats
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Thanks. And yes Wayne I have been. Those are some great stories and I have that thread bookmarked. Hopefully I will pick up another one this summer.

I picked up my first one as a teenager back in the 1980s at a baseball card convention auction (Red Ames (Hands Over Head), just because I thought it looked cool. Have just gotten back into my collection and have picked up 4 more on eBay, including a lower grade Christy Mathewson. There was a recent auction on eBay with two lots of t206s, 26 and 27 cards. One went for a little under a grand (had a John McGraw in the lot), the other for a little under $500. If my wife wouldn't have divorced me, I'd was considering picking them both up!

At some point my goal is to pick up a Cy Young, Ty Cobb and Walter Johnson, even if they are lower end condition just to have a piece of that history. I can tell this is going to be an expensive mid-life crisis!