`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Thanks for playing in the Secret Santa

Thanks for playing in the Secret Santa
I know everyone hasn't received their gifts yet but I'd like to thank you all for participating. We had a great group of guys and every one of you went above and beyond. I apologize if some of the game seemed confusing. It was an idea I hatched sometime last winter and although I thought I ironed the kinks out, clearly it needed some fine tuning. The generosity showed was just amazing and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and Merry Christmas.

I'd also like to give a very special thanks to Troy Engbino (Tengbino).
I set up certain criteria for the game which he did not meet in order to participate (trades, seniority, etc.). I had seen him on the boards before so I cut him some slack because he really wanted to participate. A few days later I was contacted by another member who was concerned because he believed he had been banned in the past. Well, I looked into it and he had been but not for anything scandalous. In fact, he had been a good trader a few years back but didn't realize he was too young so they banned him. Naturally I felt a little uncomfortable because it could have potentially put a cloud over the Secret Santa and I would have been obligated to cover his gift should he or anyone else choose to screw someone on the Secret Santa. So, I gave him a line of questioning and basically had him jump through hoops. I felt extremely bad doing so but I had to appease some of the other members. Sorry Troy. Hope you understand. Anyway, what I'm getting at is Troy actually bought a subscription just so he could participate and then he gave the single largest dollar value card in the game. And then he sent Rich some great extras along with said card. I hope you had fun playing Troy. It was a pleasure having you play. Can't thank you enough for your generosity. Mele Kalikimaka! (Did I get that right?)

RE: Thanks for playing in the Secret Santa
THANK YOU very much matt for hosting the best secret santa ever,i had a blast.MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Yes thank you! We should do something like this every time! How about Christmas in July too!

(12-25-2015, 01:52 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Yes thank you! We should do something like this every time! How about Christmas in July too!
It's funny you say that. Rich had a similar idea.

(12-24-2015, 09:56 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I know everyone hasn't received their gifts yet but I'd like to thank you all for participating. We had a great group of guys and every one of you went above and beyond. I apologize if some of the game seemed confusing. It was an idea I hatched sometime last winter and although I thought I ironed the kinks out, clearly it needed some fine tuning. The generosity showed was just amazing and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and Merry Christmas.

I'd also like to give a very special thanks to Troy Engbino (Tengbino).
I set up certain criteria for the game which he did not meet in order to participate (trades, seniority, etc.). I had seen him on the boards before so I cut him some slack because he really wanted to participate. A few days later I was contacted by another member who was concerned because he believed he had been banned in the past. Well, I looked into it and he had been but not for anything scandalous. In fact, he had been a good trader a few years back but didn't realize he was too young so they banned him. Naturally I felt a little uncomfortable because it could have potentially put a cloud over the Secret Santa and I would have been obligated to cover his gift should he or anyone else choose to screw someone on the Secret Santa. So, I gave him a line of questioning and basically had him jump through hoops. I felt extremely bad doing so but I had to appease some of the other members. Sorry Troy. Hope you understand. Anyway, what I'm getting at is Troy actually bought a subscription just so he could participate and then he gave the single largest dollar value card in the game. And then he sent Rich some great extras along with said card. I hope you had fun playing Troy. It was a pleasure having you play. Can't thank you enough for your generosity. Mele Kalikimaka! (Did I get that right?)
Thanks Matt, this year secret santa was a excellent in all facets and yes you said Merry Xmas it right ( Mele Kalikimaka )
MERRY XMAS TO THE BECKETT COMMUNITY Smile

Thank you VERY much for putting this thing together Matt. I know it took a lot of time and planning that most of us probably wouldn't have had the time or patience for.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

Thanks for hosting Matt. Merry Christmas to all.

matt thank you for letting me participate, Id be in for a mid year secret something.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Indeed, it was a blast. Absolutely awesome gifts all around, better then I envisioned when the idea was first mentioned.