`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett vs PSA Grading

Beckett vs PSA Grading
I recently recieved my cards I had graded at the Chicago show. To my surprise my 2011 Topps Update Wal-Mart Mike Trout RC cam back a 10. According to their list so far it's the only one. I went to E-Bay and saw 1 other 10 but it was PSA. Here's my question (realizing this is a Beckett site). If you had a choice which would you rather have Beckett or PSA? Happy Holidays to you all!!!

RE: Beckett vs PSA Grading
For a new card BGS 10 looks better but once it becomes a sought after with low pop PSA will get the demand.

I like the overall PSA package now but not for a prospect or phenom.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

I like Beckett better. For one, they have sub-grades and I just like their cases better. I don't get my cards graded to sell them but to protect them better.

I used to think I liked the cases better but I got over it, lol. If it's new players and youre keeping it BGS is fine.

Bgs 10 means a lot more than a psa 10. It's a pristine compared to a gem mint
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(12-15-2015, 11:35 PM)crossada Wrote: Bgs 10 means a lot more than a psa 10. It's a pristine compared to a gem mint
I had the same mindset back when I started but again it depends. Most of what you collect is newer so yeah it is generally accepted in BGS. You get into rarer cards not manufactured rare numbered stuff but truly rare or vintage then most definitely PSA pulls the premium.

If looks were my sole concern then I'd go SGC for vintage and BGS for modern with JSA authentication for autos like I used to.

Since I am working on HOFer RC collection it is a better all around package to go PSA. New slabs with holo seal look great, matched PSA graded card storage boxes are more secure and look better, the registry is legit, and for my kids down the road the resale will be easier with a higher demand.

BGS for modern, PSA for vintage ( for reasons cardboard fan mentioned) although I think Beckett is far superior and more critical when grading vintage.

BGS for modern. I think Beckett is far superior and more critical when grading vintage.

[Image: I%20Approve%20this%20message_zpshmqvbxri.jpg]

I couldn't AGREE more!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

One of these days I'm going to finish editing the video I started. It's me busting a PSA case and showing the lack of obvious damage to it and the ease a crook would have in swapping cards.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(12-16-2015, 12:08 PM)y2hood Wrote: One of these days I'm going to finish editing the video I started. It's me busting a PSA case and showing the lack of obvious damage to it and the ease a crook would have in swapping cards.
I'm NOT a PSA supporter at ALL, but I think they've improved their new cases.
(12-15-2015, 11:35 PM)crossada Wrote: Bgs 10 means a lot more than a psa 10. It's a pristine compared to a gem mint
[Image: I%20Approve%20this%20message_zpshmqvbxri.jpg]
(12-16-2015, 01:09 AM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I had the same mindset back when I started but again it depends. Most of what you collect is newer so yeah it is generally accepted in BGS. You get into rarer cards not manufactured rare numbered stuff but truly rare or vintage then most definitely PSA pulls the premium.

If looks were my sole concern then I'd go SGC for vintage and BGS for modern with JSA authentication for autos like I used to.

Since I am working on HOFer RC collection it is a better all around package to go PSA. New slabs with holo seal look great, matched PSA graded card storage boxes are more secure and look better, the registry is legit, and for my kids down the road the resale will be easier with a higher demand.
[Image: notapproved_zps34etfrsn.jpg]
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!