`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping Costs in the US

Shipping Costs in the US
Just thought I woukd throw this topic out there and see how people handle it. For me to ship inside the US, up to 4oz, which is 3 or 4 cards depending on card stock, it costs 2.02. To ship that dame thing to Canada is 8.51. So, when you trade with people in Canada, do you factor in that increased cost? If I'm trading someone, straight up, for a 9 dollar card, it ends up really costing me around 17-18 dollars. So trading for cards that low doesn't really make sense to me. I pretty sure that the Canada post price isn't quite as much to ship to the US. A good trade is a good trade, but spending 32 dollars in shipping for 4 trades is kind of pricey. I'd like to hear from both Canadians and Americans on this topic. Thank you in advance and have a great day!!!
-Joe

RE: Shipping Costs in the US
Yes, recent US postal increases have really cut down on my trading to Canada & Europe. Unless I really want the card(s) being offered, I will tend to turn down a deal. Personally, I do NOT factor in the cost of postage when I do make a trade outside the USA. It is not my co-traders fault for the increases in US Postal fees, so I eat the $7+ cost when I do agree to a deal.

I try to limit it to bigger deals, and cut way back on trading because of the shipping costs. I would like to find a sturdy cardboard envelope that I can ship cards in without running the risk of damage, because bubble mailers are all $8+ now. If you ship a "letter" even in cardboard it's around $1-2 or so, but the "package" price for a bubble mailer (or even a photo mailer) is too high. If I do a small money deal, and want the card bad enough, it's my cost to bear either way, so even if our Northern brethren are paying less, it's not something they have any control over anyway.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

thats a big reason why I'm not trading is the cost canada and abroad......nothing against anyone up north

I agree with all comments. If I made it sound like I factored it into the deal, I don't. As you said, it's not their fault that our postal service is F'd up. I am also trying to limit it to higher $ trades, so I can justify it a little better. CSAMSAL, take a look at my inventory. I have just recently reduced my PC down to Gaudreau, PK Subban, Gostisbehere, Ovechkin, Bill Barber and nd Pelle Lindbergh. Everyone else is out there. Even if it's for and nd couple cards, I can substatiate the 2.02 in shipping that I pay. Thank you and del for your feedback. Please feel free to browse my cards. Even if you don't see anyone you like, if you have a Gaudreau or gostisbehere that I don't have, I'm not above making a cash deal, if it's reasonable. Another way to keep away from eBay's fees!!! Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year! !! - Joe

would but i don't have a subscription right now

Yup, for us the price has gone up but not nearly what it did for US to ship to Canada. Some members (mq13 - Mark) comes to mind are able to package in a PWE with cardboard protecting the cards and can ship to me for much less. Might be worth reaching out to him to see how he does it.

I completely understand why someone from the US would not want to make low end deals to Canada.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

As a Canadian I usually pay $3.35 to $5.50 to mail in a bubble envelope USA destinations), so our postal services have gotten quite greedy also. I believe overall trading has been reduced dramatically due to these high costs. I have also received many trades in PWE from our USA members. The average cost of postage for these type of trades is $2-3 and as of yet I haven't received a damaged card. The drop in active trades, I am experiencing has caused me to let my subscription expire for now .....
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

The key to a lower price of shipping is I use a kiosk stand as opposed to a live person. I have shipped bubble packages as Large package as long as it is not too thick. It must fit through the mail slot for them to accept it. I have had 2 packages sent back to me requesting more postage. Depending upon the trade if it is a low BV/SV card I ship via a 6x9 white envelope which I fold over and use cereal boxes to protect the top loader. I have not gotten one complaint from any shipment in which I use this method.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Hi,
Ask your mail person to see if you can ship it the cost of a large envelope. I did it today otherwise it would have cost 7.50, large envelope 2.35 Smile They should know at the desk. To many good traders in Canada to limit just to the U.S.A.