Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"The Ryan Express" BGS/BVG Master Registry

RE: "The Ryan Express" BGS/BVG Master Registry
These cards are amazing!!!
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

(12-23-2015, 05:54 PM)kens05goat Wrote: These cards are amazing!!!
Thanks man!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Really love that Bazooka auto! ( They're all very nice ... No disrespect to the other 'gems' ... just showing my preference for the least common kinda cards. Stuff I've never seen is just more interesting, I guess. ) Love the quote in the Bazooka, just not sure if that was attributed to Nolan Ryan before. I believe another pitcher said it.
Nope, I was wrong ... Nolan Said it! And it's VERY true Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice stuff man! Love that DK Auto! Keep em comingSmile

and Merry Christmas!!!!

(12-25-2015, 12:12 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: Nice stuff man! Love that DK Auto! Keep em comingSmile

and Merry Christmas!!!!
Thanks man!! I love it too!!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Well, I didn't get a scanner for CHRISTmas and I don't really want to show any more of my Nolans that I do have scans for. I guess I could post the scans of cards that I do have and just present partial rainbows. I'll think about it.

I hope everyone had a Very Mary CHRISTmas!! I said "Mary" because that's something my Pastor says. You know, because the Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus.

I just wanted to bump up one of Jason's threads showing off his collection of Nolan Ryan cards. His last post here talks of a scanner he got for Xmas, and a promise of showing off more goodies and rarities. Alas, he never got to do that, but left us with this great incomplete, but beautiful registry representing the singular focus of Jason's collecting energy!

Here's one of my favorite cards from his collection

"Thanks, Man!"

(12-23-2015, 03:26 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: AND 1 non-auto that I just really love.
Front #21/25
[Image: 2004BazookaOne-Liners_Relics-Parallel25_...37941d.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Did he ever reveal how many total he had?
I sure hope somebody in his family appreciates them the way he did.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Amazing collection. I'm sure his family had to know of his passion for cards and the board, but what if someone here printed these threads and pages out and mailed them to the family. Hopefully not as a sad reminder but as a celebration of sorts to show how much we as a community enjoyed interacting and talking with him. Especially THIS thread, I HAVE Yet To See A Bigger OR Better Ryan collection.

Hopefully his nephews inherit his collection and continue to collect BGS Nolan cards to add to it. I think that would be a great tribute to Jason. I know how much I am going to miss him and his passion of collecting around here. He was always so kind to me with answering my questions and offering advice. Just a great member of these forums.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling