`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a fake 2008 Leaf Certified Materials NFL shield?

Is this a fake 2008 Leaf Certified Materials NFL shield?
Well, obviously I was pretty psyched to land my first Edgerrin shield! However, when it arrived I was less than enthused. I'm having a hard time remaining objective, so hope I can get some reliable info here.

Now, I was out of the hobby when this set was released... but a couple of things jump out at me:

1- aren't shields usually reserved for 1/1s, what's this doing in a card #d /19?
2- I don't think I've ever seen a shield upside down
3- there is a crease in the upper left, and the right side of the window is clearly peeling away from the card stock.

[Image: Scan%203_zpstefyx5jx.gif]

RE: Is this a fake 2008 Leaf Certified Materials NFL shield?
Gonna go with yes
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I'd say it was faked. The side of the window is severely damaged from either removing the original patch, putting in the new patch or a combination of the 2.

Yeah, I've already started the return process. Plain as day in person, but on my phone it looked pretty good.

Thanks for the feedback.

yup....as fake as they come

I'm having the same issue with a Peyton Manning that I want to purchase, I'm pretty sure the patch in it is fake and unfortunately, I will not be buying it...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

I was lucky enough to have encountered what appears to be a good seller. Apparently, what had happened was... he got back into collecting because he's a Mariota fan. This was his buddy's card, he was selling it on his behalf and hadn't realized it was counterfeit. Refunded in full and asked that I not ship the card back- told him I'd destroy it, note there were only 18 (or less) remaining.

In my experience Leaf does not make these kinds of mistakes, only Topps.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(12-10-2015, 04:52 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: I was lucky enough to have encountered what appears to be a good seller. Apparently, what had happened was... he got back into collecting because he's a Mariota fan. This was his buddy's card, he was selling it on his behalf and hadn't realized it was counterfeit. Refunded in full and asked that I not ship the card back- told him I'd destroy it, note there were only 18 (or less) remaining.
Few things. The patch is in fact fake. I own the 1/1 shield mirror black of this card. I also own 2-3 of this card /19 mirror gold and none have any part of the laundry tag. Please DO NOT destroy this card. I would love to have it for my collection. Though the patch might be fake, it still is a nice card /19. If you don't want it I would be happy to own it. It would never be sold. Let me know? Thanks

Also if you ever want to know some info about Edgerrin cards I know a lot about them and own many of them and the ones I don't own there is a good chance I have seen. I 9 out of 10 times can see a card of his a know if its a fake before I ever click on the auction (seen this one on ebay). Patches, autos, etc. I would be glad to offer advice, as long as you let me win a few I need! lol Tongue