`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greinke to D-Backs for a reported 6 year deal.

Greinke to D-Backs for a reported 6 year deal.
Wow......LA and San Fran must be throwing things in their offices right now.

RE: Greinke to D-Backs for a reported 6 year deal.
Not upset here. I'd rather see a bat to be honest. Although, he would have been nice in the rotation for sure.
Good to see AZ pony up. Love taking the trip from Cali to AZ for a game or 2 every year.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

SF Giants.....

I don't blame you either. You guys could use a bat or two and for the money he will get, I'm sure they could spend it more wisely.

This was a complete shocker for me, I knew the dbacks just got a huge tv deal so I knew they had money but wow that's a lot of money! lol
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

he will be god for 2 yrs and the other 4 yrs hes hurt

I think its a great pick-up for the Dbacks. Unlike Price, I see Greinke being like a Greg Maddux and pitching well into his late 30's. Great control and doesn't over throw. His mechanics lead me to believe he will stay heatlhy. The dollars are crazy, but like Ryan said....new TV deals are allowing teams who might otherwise pass on players go after them.

Dodgers and Giants are better off spending money on some bats and relievers and not starting pitchers.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-05-2015, 08:46 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I think its a great pick-up for the Dbacks. Unlike Price, I see Greinke being like a Greg Maddux and pitching well into his late 30's. Great control and doesn't over throw. His mechanics lead me to believe he will stay heatlhy. The dollars are crazy, but like Ryan said....new TV deals are allowing teams who might otherwise pass on players go after them.

Dodgers and Giants are better off spending money on some bats and relievers and not starting pitchers.
Well said Joe! The funny thing is that their payroll hasn't gone up much from the payroll in the beginning of the year even with Miller joining the fold now. Still just over 100 million.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Well, it's not the Dodgers, but it is still in the NL West...Remember that time the Rockies had a chance to win the division?

Yeah, neither do I!!!!!!!!!!!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(12-10-2015, 06:33 PM)zaccheus85 Wrote: Well, it's not the Dodgers, but it is still in the NL West...Remember that time the Rockies had a chance to win the division?

Yeah, neither do I!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't be so down.....weren't they just in the WS in 2007?

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-11-2015, 08:34 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Don't be so down.....weren't they just in the WS in 2007?
Actually they were...won the WC. Alas, I should not be so down but when the Dodgers are the Dodgers, the Giants are the Giants, and the Diamondbacks are making moves to win now and the Rockies are, well, signing Mark Reynolds it doesn't inspire tons of confidence in their 2016 chances.

And yes...they do have young potentially talented pitchers, but forgive my pessimism, but for as many young potentially talented pitchers as the Rockies have drafted over the years I would think if their development team was worth anything we would see some stars.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread...back to the D-Backs/Grienke...The Grienke signing is fantastic for the D-Backs: steal him from the Dodgers and Giants and put him in the rotation with Miller and you have at least have a shot to win.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]