`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If this happens I'm done with the Braves.

RE: If this happens I'm done with the Braves.
(11-12-2015, 11:09 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: How many pitching prospects do the Braves need before they invest in some offense?
TRUTH! I love our Bravos and I'm putting trust in John Hart because he's got a proven track record at least. I know we are going to be the worst team in the league next year but we've overcome that once before and the Astros just did something similar this year.

Most of our trades have been painful but understandable when you take a step back a look at it... minus the Dodgers trade that one still pisses me off. Come time when our new stadium opens I think we will have a good team. I just hope we don't fail like the Marlins did when they did their change a few years ago.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

I hope they trade some of this pitching for someone like Baez.

I don't have problem with them trading Upton or Heyward, they were leaving anyway, and I think Miller for Heyward was a great trade. I don't even really mind them trading Melvin Upton and Kimbrel just to dump Upton's contract, if they would reinvest the money they saved. I'm not crazy about the Gattis trade, I really don't get the trade for Olivera, and I don't understand the logic in trading the best fielding shortstop in the game, under contract until 2020, for a minor league pitcher who hasn't pitched above AA. Maybe Newcomb will turn into an ace, but that is a big gamble to take. And even if all our young pitching somehow all starts to come around, how are we going to score runs? Even if Olivera, our 30 year old rookie, turns into an MVP candidate, we pretty much know what we can count on with Pierzynski, Freeman, Peterson, Garcia, Maybin, and Markakis, and it isn't very much. At some point you have to stop gambling on minor league pitchers and get someone who can hit the ball.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(11-13-2015, 05:21 PM)randall44 Wrote: I don't have problem with them trading Upton or Heyward, they were leaving anyway, and I think Miller for Heyward was a great trade. I don't even really mind them trading Melvin Upton and Kimbrel just to dump Upton's contract, if they would reinvest the money they saved. I'm not crazy about the Gattis trade, I really don't get the trade for Olivera, and I don't understand the logic in trading the best fielding shortstop in the game, under contract until 2020, for a minor league pitcher who hasn't pitched above AA. Maybe Newcomb will turn into an ace, but that is a big gamble to take. And even if all our young pitching somehow all starts to come around, how are we going to score runs? Even if Olivera, our 30 year old rookie, turns into an MVP candidate, we pretty much know what we can count on with Pierzynski, Freeman, Peterson, Garcia, Maybin, and Markakis, and it isn't very much. At some point you have to stop gambling on minor league pitchers and get someone who can hit the ball.
EXACTLY. I was on board until the Dodgers trade. It seems like it has all gone downhill since then (as far as logic is concerned).

A lot of people hated the Heyward trade but people forget the Braves got Tyrell Jenkins too. The dodger trade was a joke. This trade is a lot of hope involved. Only way this works out is the Braves flip Erick Aybar for more then I start to see where it goes into a positive trade.

The Dodgers trade was awfully sick. I couldn't believe they gave up Wood and Peraza for such trash.

This might explains the Braves puzzling empty headed moves: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/141233...erformance

Ok so looks like Freeman might be the next to go... Ugh... My Freeman PC is huge and well this sucks!

These owners sound like your typical hedge fund people - they think they can replace anybody.

(11-16-2015, 02:28 PM)natejeffries Wrote: These owners sound like your typical hedge fund people - they think they can replace anybody.
Actually I don't have a problem with them replacing people, it's just a matter of getting a fair return, which I don't think they are in some cases. Maybe they have some grand plan which I am not aware of, but right now it looks like we will be fielding a mediocre AAA team next season.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

I'm late to this thread but a huge Braves fan as well. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Freeman and/or Teheran. They are the only two players left on the roster from a couple of years ago I think, so it would only make sense. It's so stupid though since no one wants to go watch a bunch of no name minor leaguers or washed up veterans play a MLB game. That doesn't sell tickets. Just think of all the players that were starters on the Braves a few years ago and are no longer on the roster:

Heyward
Gattis
Simmons
J Upton
BJ Upton
Chris Johnson
Kimbrel
Wood
Uribe
Johnson
Uggla
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU