`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending for Grading

Sending for Grading
I thought I'd post a few pics of the cards I'm sending in to have graded this coming week (via Jeff V).

[Image: Skaggs_zpsn8wzjwv3.jpg]
Tyler Skaggs for my PC

[Image: Piaza_zpsg2yx8fmv.jpg]
Mike Piazza Finest Gold Refractor #/100

To celebrate his 2015 World Series MVP, a few Salvdor Perez cards.
[Image: Perez_zpswomnljfb.jpg]

To celebrate his 2015 ALCS MVP, a few Alcides Escobar
[Image: Escobar_zpscemmjlqm.jpg]

[Image: Moose_zpsqfzzmfpt.jpg]
2010 Pro Debut Auto of Mike Moustakas

[Image: Herrera_zpswynv2vte.jpg]
2012 Prime Cuts Relic Auto (that's a piece of a Monarch's jersey!) Kelvin Herrera

[Image: Gordon_zpsovgmesqn.jpg]
Alex Gordon Rookies...yes, including the 2006 Topps card that should never have been!

[Image: Gibson_zpsvcxx8vit.jpg]
2013 Tribute Relic Red Bob Gibson 10/10

[Image: Finnegan_zpsxqizulff.jpg]
A few Finnegans for my PC

And, because I like her music...
[Image: Suzy_zpsrjvlk61j.jpg]

Cheers,

RE: Sending for Grading
Real nice cards!! Can you explain about that Topps card that you said should never have been?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Good variety of cards, best of luck on the grades.
Love the Piazza Refractor.

(11-07-2015, 11:21 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Good variety of cards, best of luck on the grades.
Love the Piazza Refractor.
That makes two of us needing an explanation!! lol

Love the Piazza Gold Refractor!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(11-07-2015, 12:09 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: That makes two of us needing an explanation!! lol
I was being serious.

Thanks for the comments.

The 2006 Topps Alex Gordon was printed BEFORE he had played a game, which at the time meant Topps could not put him in a Royals uniform due to the license restrictions. They had to recall a bunch, and who knows what happened to them. They also cut him out of the image on some cards, leaving just the frame while on others doing the border but no picture. Search ebay for 2006 Topps Alex Gordon if you want to see what those looked like.

The funny thing about the 2006 Gordon is Beckett lists it as a RC in the price guide when it doesn't qualify. I think they were trying to drive prices way up by doing that.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(11-07-2015, 03:35 PM)KPRROK Wrote: Thanks for the comments.

The 2006 Topps Alex Gordon was printed BEFORE he had played a game, which at the time meant Topps could not put him in a Royals uniform due to the license restrictions. They had to recall a bunch, and who knows what happened to them. They also cut him out of the image on some cards, leaving just the frame while on others doing the border but no picture. Search ebay for 2006 Topps Alex Gordon if you want to see what those looked like.
Man, I just looked and they look crazy. There are even some that are Beckett Graded. There's also some that has the whole card. That reminds me of the Ripken Rick Face card, the way they cut out just his picture and left the border. And on 1 that I saw, it was just the frame. That's real interesting. I also saw a reprint in 2010. So in 2010 Topps did a reprint?

2006 is probably the last year I bought baseball cards in bulk, because of that Alex Gordon card. I was basically like Veruca Salt's dad on "Willy Wonka" looking for the golden ticket.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram