Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2015 high(er) end Secret Santa ***UPDATE DEC 6TH***

RE: 2015 high(er) end Secret Santa
Updated list.

How about describing how this is done .....it does sound a bit confusing
(11-03-2015, 02:04 PM)tengbino Wrote: How about describing how this is done .....it does sound a bit confusing
I have everything set for the card I will be sending

Just a question. Are we selecting a card based on what the other person you assign to us collects or is it some random card worth $50 that we want to send?
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(11-03-2015, 02:22 PM)greekgoony Wrote: Just a question. Are we selecting a card based on what the other person you assign to us collects or is it some random card worth $50 that we want to send?
It is any card with a $50 bv that meets the criteria. In all likelihood you may not end up sending to the original trader your going to draw. That individual can choose to trade his Secret Santa with someone else's. Every player will know (1) other players Secret Santa. If they think they have a better shot receiving a "better" gift from the other traders Santa they can choose to try and trade their numbers by any means necessary but they will never know their own original Secret Santa so it's a gamble. You could also choose to blindly trade numbers with someone else. You may ask why would you try and trade numbers? Well, once the cards are all posted you may be able to decipher who is responsible for sending which card(s), prompting you to try and trade. But, you can not ask any other player what cards they're responsible for. You may ask another player if they know who their Secret Santa is, but you can never tell them if they don't.

*Also, you can trade numbers as often or as little as you like.

(11-03-2015, 02:04 PM)tengbino Wrote: How about describing how this is done .....it does sound a bit confusing

I have everything set for the card I will be sending
On November 17th you will receive a PM that looks like this:

Your number: 8
Receiving from: 17
Shipping to: 1

Buckles is receiving from: Rad1205

You don't need to worry about your number. It's only there so if someone tries to swap numbers with you, you don't end up with your own.

You don't need to worry about your shipping to number until the final day because it is likely to change when numbers are traded. If numbers are traded the thread needs to be notified by both players so a running list can be kept. All I will need is the numbers switched between the 2 players. DO NOT POST THE NAMES OF THE SANTAS.

The receiving from number is the one you can swap if you choose to. So, if you think Rad1205 could potentially be sending a monster gift you can try and trade it from Buckles for your number. You can't tell him who he has as an original Secret Santa. You can trade blindly with someone if you really want to gamble. Once you make an initial trade you will know your Secret Santa. You can choose to trade again if you like. A good way to find out as many numbers as possible is after people start trading numbers to contact other players in regards to trading numbers with them. This is the only time you can discuss players/numbers. You may ask if they know who they have. If they do they can tell you if they like. If they dont and you happen to know you can not tell them. If you do enough snooping you can get enough info to position yourself into getting a specific Secret Santa. You can keep track of a ton of info by making yourself a spread sheet of the info you acquire (which again, cannot be shared).

All cards will be posted anonymously but you may be able to find out who's responsible for what by searching orgs, common sense, deductive reasoning...
You can't ask anyone what they are responsible for. If you break the rules you will not be allowed to participate again.

Gotcha, so you are posting the cards well in advance of sending so people can trade
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(11-03-2015, 04:55 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: On November 17th you will receive a PM that looks like this:

Your number: 8
Receiving from: 17
Shipping to: 1

Buckles is receiving from: Rad1205

You don't need to worry about your number. It's only there so if someone tries to swap numbers with you, you don't end up with your own.

You don't need to worry about your shipping to number until the final day because it is likely to change when numbers are traded. If numbers are traded the thread needs to be notified by both players so a running list can be kept. All I will need is the numbers switched between the 2 players. DO NOT POST THE NAMES OF THE SANTAS.

The receiving from number is the one you can swap if you choose to. So, if you think Rad1205 could potentially be sending a monster gift you can try and trade it from Buckles for your number. You can't tell him who he has as an original Secret Santa. You can trade blindly with someone if you really want to gamble. Once you make an initial trade you will know your Secret Santa. You can choose to trade again if you like. A good way to find out as many numbers as possible is after people start trading numbers to contact other players in regards to trading numbers with them. This is the only time you can discuss players/numbers. You may ask if they know who they have. If they do they can tell you if they like. If they dont and you happen to know you can not tell them. If you do enough snooping you can get enough info to position yourself into getting a specific Secret Santa. You can keep track of a ton of info by making yourself a spread sheet of the info you acquire (which again, cannot be shared).

All cards will be posted anonymously but you may be able to find out who's responsible for what by searching orgs, common sense, deductive reasoning...
You can't ask anyone what they are responsible for. If you break the rules you will not be allowed to participate again.
thanks, I think I got the hang of it now. This one is way different from the other Secret Santa's I have enter and more high end too

(11-03-2015, 04:57 PM)greekgoony Wrote: Gotcha, so you are posting the cards well in advance of sending so people can trade
Yup. It's suppose to create some excitement and get people to take chances. Ultimately your responsible for whatever you get if you decide to start trading numbers and responsible for what you let slip through your fingers.

Still confused if we have to post a number swap on the forum then everyone will know our number is either # or #. example a 2 swaps for 8 post by myself would let everyone know I am either #2 or #8 and then they can search from there to figure it out pretty easy? So if a large amount of trading gets done then everyone can figure out who is who?

That being said I'm interested in it this year, just still unclear on how it will all work out.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(11-03-2015, 09:49 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: Still confused if we have to post a number swap on the forum then everyone will know our number is either # or #. example a 2 swaps for 8 post by myself would let everyone know I am either #2 or #8 and then they can search from there to figure it out pretty easy? So if a large amount of trading gets done then everyone can figure out who is who?

That being said I'm interested in it this year, just still unclear on how it will all work out.
Your only trading who your Secret Santa is if you choose to. It has nothing to do with the number that represents you. Enough swapping and you can indeed figure out everyone's number which is what your ultimately trying to do, or at least find out enough to land yourself the Secret Santa you want.

Scenario:

Assuming I was eligible to initiate a trade, which I'm not.
We get our PM's with our numbers and our 1 bit of info that we have on one other trader. I decide I really like the possibility of what the other trader may get because I know who his Secret Santa is. I do not know who my Secret Santa is but I'm willing to risk it so I message him asking if he'd like to trade Santas. He says no. I ask if I give him my Secret Santa number and a Tribute Yoenis Cespedes auto would he consider it. He says yes but also asks if I know who my original Secret Santa is, which I don't. So now I know who my secret santa is and I'm optimistic about my gift. Looking over the gifts I realize I want a different card who I believe comes from another trader so I start asking others if they'd be interested in trading Santas, each time asking if they know who they have. If they do I right it down and create a list trying to narrow down which number goes with who, angling for what I view to be the best possible gift outcome. Maybe they'll trade number for number, maybe you'll have to sweeten the pot, maybe they just wont trade. It is quite possible that you trade away your original number only to find out through numerous inquiries that that was the number you were gunning for all along and end up trading in circles to get it back.

If you post for example that you switched with me it would read:
Tdog switches numbers with HOF. Tdog now has 8, HOF now has 15. This doesn't tell anyone what number sender you are. It only represents who's sending to you if the game were to stop. Now someone may have already found out who those numbers represent by previously trading for them or inquiring about trading for them.