Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2015 high(er) end Secret Santa ***UPDATE DEC 6TH***

2015 high(er) end Secret Santa ***UPDATE DEC 6TH***
***Not accepting any more entries***
I realize it's only November 1st but this Secret Santa will take approximately 5 weeks to fully develop. I'm looking for 10-20 people max. You must have a minimum of 50 trades, be a 3 star member, have a senior member vouch for you or be grandfathered in in terms of your star status and the change Beckett online went through several years back.

1) this is a $50 buy in Secret Santa. You must provide a card from 2010 - present with a bv of $50. Anyone willing to provide a higher dollar card is allowed but it is at the traders discretion. Certain exceptions apply as far as qualifying cards such as older Bowman Chrome rc's, auto's or obvious significant cards from 2000 - present. Remember, the buy in is a $50 card. ANYTHING MORE SHOULD NOT BE EXPECTED. OBVIOUSLY SOME TRADERS WILL THROW LARGER CARDS IN BUT THAT IS AT THEIR DISCRETION.

2) All who want to participate must address this thread by November 15th. The following day I will post all names and I'm going to ask that you open a trade with another participant. This will not be your Secret Santa. You will then be given 2 days (November 17th) to accept the open trade offer and provide proof to the thread or you will not be allowed to participate. The purpose of opening the blank trade is to ensure all traders hold up their end of the bargain. If you fail to do so the other trader will be asked to give you zero stars and negative feedback. You can not be given negative feedback if you meet the minimum card requirements and ship your card on time, no matter what.

3) After the trades are confirmed each participant will be provided with 3 numbers. The first number will be who you initially are designated to ship to. You really dont need to worry about this one until the end because it may change. The second is a number representing who ships to you, who you will not know. The third number given will be a someone else's Secret Santa who you will also know the name of. You may not under any circumstances tell the recipient who their Secret Santa is or any other players you may figure out along the way. If anyone is caught breaking the rules you will not be invited back. What you can do with the information you know is try and trade numbers with the other member(s) by any means necessary to position yourself for what you may view as a better gift. But again, you cannot reveal who their or any other Secret Santa's are that you may figure out. You may offer cards, money an undying friendship. Get creative. If any trading of numbers occurs you must post them in this thread so an ongoing account of who's shipping to who in the end is available and easily visible. On the last day I will post the actual names of who needs to ship to who. I WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO INITIATE ANY TRADES, NOR DENY ANYONE WHO WANTS MY NUMBER BECAUSE I WILL KNOW WHO ALL TRADERS ARE AND WHAT CARDS ARE PROVIDED BY WHO. Also, you can not trade a player their own number.

4) All participants will then be given 2 weeks (December1st) to acquire their cards for the game or decide what they will be providing if necessary. You will then send the card information to me which I will then post without your names to add to the excitement and inspire trades. If you decide to trade more than once you should only know who is shipping to you the first time unless someone is breaking the rules and talking.

5) After the cards are posted you will have one week (December 8th) to try and persuade others traders to trade you their number either with the knowledge of the one other number you know or blindly. Remember, you both must post the number swap in order for it to be recognized.

6) At the end of the week a final number designation will be posted, names provided and we ship.

This is meant to be fun and hopefully bring out the best in people around the holidays. There is no complaining allowed because you should only be expecting a $50 bv card with the restrictions mentioned earlier. If someone else gets a monster, be happy for them.

Anyone interested?

***not accepting any more entries***

Participating:
Hofcollector
Buckles
Dmbcrush
Ounagi
BGS_GRADED_CARD_GUY
Roger rabbit
Dimarco73
Rad1205
Tengbino
esa0315
Woogie
Odyssey
Brian2345
Richk
Greekgoony
Cmherren2
ne12bc12
JamesRay
RyanKramer
Tdog
Frankie22briguy
Cybertrenz
Randall44
Leadmetogreatness

***not accepting any more entries***

RE: 2015 high(er) end Secret Santa
You know I'm up for this Matt! Enjoy it every year.

I am in
Looking for Kris Bryant colors, Goldy rookies, Correa rookies, Joc rookies and other prospects and rookie autos!

Nice guys! Should be a lot of fun. Little bit of gambling, little bit of trading, maybe some begging. One thing I'm not sure was mentioned, when you trade numbers with someone even though you may know what trader it is, you won't know the gift. A complete list of cards available will be posted but not who they're coming from. So it could be a bit of a gamble trading for someone else's number. You may be able to try and match the trader with a gift, but ultimately it's a gamble/guess.

count me in matt sounds like a lot of fun

Nice. We have a good, solid list working.

I'd like to participate. When I changed my screen name, I kept all my forum posts/stars but all my trades went back to zero and says I'm a new member as of this year.

You can check my screen name info though. My old screen name was Petercopp and I had well over 100 trades on here. I've only got about 5-8 right now but still all five stars Smile

Hope you'll let me in Matt. I participated last year as well. Was fun.

Im gonna have to re-read the rules several times til They become clear to me, but I'll say I'm in. Thanks for putting this together pal.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(11-01-2015, 06:17 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: I'd like to participate. When I changed my screen name, I kept all my forum posts/stars but all my trades went back to zero and says I'm a new member as of this year.

You can check my screen name info though. My old screen name was Petercopp and I had well over 100 trades on here. I've only got about 5-8 right now but still all five stars Smile

Hope you'll let me in Matt. I participated last year as well. Was fun.
That's you Petercopp? Okay. Your in.

I'm in. Think I may need to reread how this all works again but I'm game.