IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Am I a "Bad trader"?

Am I a "Bad trader"?
Serious question.

Little back story here.

Sent a trade offer for a 20$ card, have sent it a few times actually to this trader and usually get it declined without a response. This time I get a counter back saying "he really went through my org and found a deal!"....he found a 20$ card too. It was a fair trade.

But it wasnt.

I have a very small want list on this site, people know this. A lot of my trades are me looking for cards I can flip/trade for cards I want or to sell to get cards I want. I dont really hide that fact.

Anyways, I counter back saying "appreciate the offer but i will pass, if u see anything else please send it back, if not jsut cancel"

The reason why I said no was the card I wanted didnt sell as much as the card I was giving up, even though the BV was the exact same.

Trader was not happy and "Reason being? Since you asked again I decided to take a long look at what you had and settled on that so that you could have this card you "really wanted". Please don't send any more offers my way."

So this made me mad.

So anyways, he says this during our back and forth:

You're a joke man...no wonder everyone on here told me not to trade with you. I'm glad I didn't. Go trade on eBay if you're looking for sell value or say that up front and don't waste time with people.

Now I have over 1200 trades here, pretty much flawless aside from some idiots, 700+ on Blowout, 150 on SCF, 20+ on FCB not counting my eBay account.

So I ask the fine people here, am I bad trader? Has anyone told this trader to avoid trading with me? Do people avoid trading with me?

I know at times I can be short and cancel trades that seem to make sense for my reasons, but I dont hide what I am trying to do. Even with traders Ive traded with a hundred times (Roger Rabbit & Blais2) Ive gone back and forth and been difficult.

So am I to be avoided? Am I a bad trader?

I wont out this trader, he isnt a bad trader, just got really whiney and actually gave me his phone number to "Continue this" if I wanted to, so he took it a little too serious.

What say you Beckett?
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

RE: Am I a "Bad trader"?
I think if you are not willing to part with equal value cards because you are costantly tracking the sell value of both sides, you are going to have a problem with some people. We just did a deal where I sent you some decent young autos for a couple of Bryants and it took a few times to get that deal done, no biggie, some people just don't want to have to work a deal 2 or 3 times to get a small trade done. Deals should work for both sides not just one.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(10-30-2015, 11:49 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: I think if you are not willing to part with equal value cards because you are costantly tracking the sell value of both sides, you are going to have a problem with some people. We just did a deal where I sent you some decent young autos for a couple of Bryants and it took a few times to get that deal done, no biggie, some people just don't want to have to work a deal 2 or 3 times to get a small trade done. Deals should work for both sides not just one.
Absolutely. In the defense of our trade, you were after cards that a lot of people were so I was trying to get the best value out of the two you wanted. Not to mention I am open with what I am trying to do, and people who collect cards for sets or PC I really try to accommodate them even if it doesnt always benefit me.

But I never denied any of this.

Were you one of the people who warned this and other trader about me?

I dont think you were but this is kinda the point of the thread, I wanna see if there was any truth to that comment from him.
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

sorry!

(10-30-2015, 11:54 PM)iamralpho Wrote: Absolutely. In the defense of our trade, you were after cards that a lot of people were so I was trying to get the best value out of the two you wanted. Not to mention I am open with what I am trying to do, and people who collect cards for sets or PC I really try to accommodate them even if it doesnt always benefit me.

But I never denied any of this.

Were you one of the people who warned this and other trader about me?

I dont think you were but this is kinda the point of the thread, I wanna see if there was any truth to that comment from him.
No have not talked to anyone about you... you and I have done trades and the past and I have been satisfied, if not I would not deal with you again. Just was comenting that I think those that focus on sale value will always have a harder time trading overall is all. I have had cards in past in demand with multiple offers so I understand having to resolve issues or get the best deal you can, I think we all do that when we have multiple offers.

Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

Nah man, not all $20 BV cards are created equal. Just because you find cards that match up value wise doesn't mean a deal is done, there are some cards I'm reluctant to part with for a variety of reasons (some sell well, some have lots of upside, some are just really nice to look at, some I overpaid for etc.)

I've made hundreds of trades here and for every one I make, I dare say there are 5 that don't get made for one reason or another. There's no need to take it personally, it happens.

By the way, your cards are on their way from our latest trade, with many more hard fought trades to come I'm sure!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Here is the entire convo so that this isn't a one sided story....everyone can be their own judge...what irritated me was that he got upset over my response. I don't think it was a bad response, just asked nicely that he doesn't send anymore offers. Apparently I value my time a little more than he does. Then I tried to smooth things over and he continued on with his antics. The only reason I put my number was so that we could discuss it that way because things can be misread via text.

And FYI - he sent the offer once before...not a few times...

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 6:11 PM
lol grow up, you gave your # to a stranger over a disagreement over baseball cards, leave me alone, go be a tough guys elsewhere

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:32 PM
I'll just give you the card....I'm a little freaked out after this explosion.

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:31 PM
didnt upset, just made me laugh....a lot, thanks again for the fun. keep on being an internet tough guy, happy halloween!

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:30 PM
Whoa man...calm down...I didn't mean to upset you.

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:18 PM
ok that was fun, time to go back to my 15 current trades here, 7 on blowout and 2 on SCF, see ya later little boy

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:17 PM
must be nice being 16 years old and having your first cell phone #INTERNETTOUGHGUY

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:16 PM
HAHAHAAHAHAH TEXT ME AND LETS FIGHT ABOUT IT BECAUSE I OFFENDED U IN A BASEBALL CARD TRADE OFFER

145 trades in the last year, YEAH NO ONE LIKES TRADING WITH ME

yeah i am AWFUL to trade with, leave me alone and go cry like a child elsewhere

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:15 PM
no one trades with me huh? 1200 trades, 20 in the last month, not to mention blowout, FCB, SCF and ebay

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:14 PM
HAHAHA grow up, phone numbers? wanna fight behind the school after too? because u got offended WHEN I WAS HONEST IN MY TRADE OFFER

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:12 PM
If you want to discuss this further here is my number - 432 - 333 - 3641.

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:10 PM
You're a joke man...no wonder everyone on here told me not to trade with you. I'm glad I didn't. Go trade on eBay if you're looking for sell value or say that up front and don't waste time with people.

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 3:42 PM
lol this is a hobby, id NEVER say "dont send me anymore offers anymore" like a child, but enjoy buddy no more offers coming

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 3:26 PM
Hahaha, sounds like I got under your skin and now you're taking it personal. Get outta here bro!

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 2:11 PM
i have 90 autos, im sure your "long hard look" lasted 5 minutes, so give me a break

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 2:10 PM
sorry to hurt ur feelings but dont take it so personal

the brinson sells for a lot more than the rosario, i wantd the rosario to flip/sell

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 1:53 PM
Dub24rollin cancelled the trade with reason: Rather not say

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 1:52 PM
Reason being? Since you asked again I decided to take a long look at what you had and settled on that so that you could have this card you "really wanted". Please don't send any more offers my way.

iamralpho | 10/29/2015 10:38 PM
iamralpho sent an offer

appreciate the offer but i will pass, if u see anything else please send it back, if not jsut cancel

Dub24rollin | 10/29/2015 12:57 PM
Dub24rollin sent an offer

Dub24rollin | 10/29/2015 12:55 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding. I will take this Brinson card! Thank you for yor patience.

iamralpho | 10/16/2015 11:38 PM
iamralpho sent an offer

i know i tried before but if u could tell me what u collect, id like to really get this card, thanks
[Image: image.jpg]

Some people just don't vibe well. Working through messages can be confusing or misleading depending how a person reads them. There are more things to fret about in life than someone not wanting to work with me. If you screw me out of my cards or send me damaged goods then I start getting a little pissed.

Since no one was screwed out of cards I'd say just let it go and not give it a second thought. If someone wants to trade with you then they will if not then so be it.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(10-31-2015, 01:08 AM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Here is the entire convo so that this isn't a one sided story....everyone can be their own judge...what irritated me was that he got upset over my response. I don't think it was a bad response, just asked nicely that he doesn't send anymore offers. Apparently I value my time a little more than he does. Then I tried to smooth things over and he continued on with his antics. The only reason I put my number was so that we could discuss it that way because things can be misread via text.

And FYI - he sent the offer once before...not a few times...

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 6:11 PM
lol grow up, you gave your # to a stranger over a disagreement over baseball cards, leave me alone, go be a tough guys elsewhere

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:32 PM
I'll just give you the card....I'm a little freaked out after this explosion.

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:31 PM
didnt upset, just made me laugh....a lot, thanks again for the fun. keep on being an internet tough guy, happy halloween!

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:30 PM
Whoa man...calm down...I didn't mean to upset you.

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:18 PM
ok that was fun, time to go back to my 15 current trades here, 7 on blowout and 2 on SCF, see ya later little boy

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:17 PM
must be nice being 16 years old and having your first cell phone #INTERNETTOUGHGUY

HAHAHAAHAHAH TEXT ME AND LETS FIGHT ABOUT IT BECAUSE I OFFENDED U IN A BASEBALL CARD TRADE OFFER

145 trades in the last year, YEAH NO ONE LIKES TRADING WITH ME

yeah i am AWFUL to trade with, leave me alone and go cry like a child elsewhere

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:15 PM
no one trades with me huh? 1200 trades, 20 in the last month, not to mention blowout, FCB, SCF and ebay

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 4:14 PM
HAHAHA grow up, phone numbers? wanna fight behind the school after too? because u got offended WHEN I WAS HONEST IN MY TRADE OFFER

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:12 PM
If you want to discuss this further here is my number - 432 - 333 - 3641.

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 4:10 PM

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 3:42 PM
lol this is a hobby, id NEVER say "dont send me anymore offers anymore" like a child, but enjoy buddy no more offers coming

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 3:26 PM
Hahaha, sounds like I got under your skin and now you're taking it personal. Get outta here bro!

iamralpho | 10/30/2015 2:11 PM
i have 90 autos, im sure your "long hard look" lasted 5 minutes, so give me a break

sorry to hurt ur feelings but dont take it so personal

the brinson sells for a lot more than the rosario, i wantd the rosario to flip/sell

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 1:53 PM
Dub24rollin cancelled the trade with reason: Rather not say

Dub24rollin | 10/30/2015 1:52 PM
Reason being? Since you asked again I decided to take a long look at what you had and settled on that so that you could have this card you "really wanted". Please don't send any more offers my way.

iamralpho sent an offer

appreciate the offer but i will pass, if u see anything else please send it back, if not jsut cancel

Dub24rollin | 10/29/2015 12:57 PM
Dub24rollin sent an offer

Dub24rollin | 10/29/2015 12:55 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding. I will take this Brinson card! Thank you for yor patience.

iamralpho sent an offer

i know i tried before but if u could tell me what u collect, id like to really get this card, thanks
You sent me your phone number, to a stranger on a baseball card message board because you didnt like when I told you to get over it.

I was joking when I sent you all those messages because frankly, I found your responses hilarious. "Dont send me anymore offers, you wasted 5 minutes of my life"

Never had anyone send me their phone number to "continue this before"

Why dont you post in this thread, who has told you NOT to trade with me, or should we all text you and ask?

sorry!

1. Dub24rollin - Be careful man, you just posted your phone number to the whole world.
2. That I can recall I've never ran into a problem with Dub24rollin in any trade.
3. iamralpho - I have countless trades with you, back and forth on a lot of them and some that never came to pass, but once again never a problem.
4. I think you both got under each other skin and need to take a step back and take a deep breath.
5. iamralpho - To answer your main question directly. I have recommended you to people to trade with and will continue to do so and will continue to trade with you.

End state, I agree with Odyssey...

(10-31-2015, 05:59 AM)Odyssey Wrote: Since no one was screwed out of cards I'd say just let it go and not give it a second thought. If someone wants to trade with you then they will if not then so be it.
Just my opinion.

That's it. Both of you have angered me. I'm going to buy boxes today to get over it. Hey Nick, are you going to the Wilmington, MA show next weekend?