`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying it forward

Paying it forward
A couple weeks back I had this 2001 Donruss DK Gwynn Autograph sitting on my card table something I had picked up on ebay without paying enough attention to the scans. I have been working on that set for a few years and didn't feel as though the card was up to the standards I had for the set and I picked up another from a fellow dk collector.
I thought to myself I can't really trade it or sell it in good conscience but knew Domatt23 was working on Donruss sets so I decided to just send it to him with no strings or expectations.
A week or so later Dawnkaschalk sent a message as I had started an open ended trade with her looking for an elusive 96 Studio Gold Daulton ...mind you I have done a near daily search for this card for about 12 years... (I need a second for another set by the way) I even went so far as to offer a reward here in the threads...a couple emails later she says she will send it to me and ask me to pay it forward. The card arrive today and want to give a big thank you to Dawnkaschalk .
This was really cool for me! And thought it was Ironic how things worked out!

RE: Paying it forward
We need about 95% more of this on the Beckett Community to keep this hobby classy and fun.

(10-03-2019, 11:56 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: We need about 95% more of this on the Beckett Community to keep this hobby classy and fun.
+1
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Im not sure how large the Beckett trading community is, but this is a trustworthy and classy bunch, and the only other place I'll do baseball card business other than my LCS.

I am a big believer in this ... the more positive endorphins you put out in the world, the better.

(10-03-2019, 11:56 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: We need about 95% more of this on the Beckett Community to keep this hobby classy and fun.
+1
I'm a big believer in this. I get awesome deals from several members on this site and often send surprise packages or throw in extras to others just because I know it will make their day.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Truly, I love hearing these stories. Great job, Beckett Community! Keep the standards high, and your fellow collectors in mind. This hobby truly an amazing one. Best wishes!

Randi