Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Help Identifying a card

Help Identifying a card
Hello all,

I would like to add this to my ORG, but I have no clue as to what brand and year it is? I'm sure it's not worth much, but maybe somebody would like it down the road. I had a friend send me a bunch of cards for the hell of it, because he knew I collected. Card looks fairly new, so I know it's a reprint. Thank you all for your help in advance!

[Image: Ty%20Cobb%201_zpsitkjdwsf.jpg]

[Image: Ty%20Cobb%202_zpsh9isaoqk.jpg]

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

RE: Help Identifying a card
Ah! I had that as a kid! It'll come to me. I may still have that set kicking around.
1987 Hygrade baseball all time greats.

Thanks Matt!

I have a few of those in green.

Scott

It is from the 1987 Hygrade Baseball's All-Time Greats set. They did an orange set and a green set with Ty Cobb in it. The interesting thing is the 2 sets use different photos and the playing years listed on the front for Cobb vary as well (1905-1927 on the orange set and 1905-1928 on the green set).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Same year, just a Orange version. Has the same BV as the green though.
(10-29-2015, 03:49 PM)djohn Wrote: It is from the 1987 Hygrade Baseball's All-Time Greats set. They did an orange set and a green set with Ty Cobb in it. The interesting thing is the 2 sets use different photos and the playing years listed on the front for Cobb vary as well (1905-1927 on the orange set and 1905-1928 on the green set).
Thanks! I was going nuts trying to figure out what this was.

I've had cards like that also, in various colors. Best thing I could advise, is go up to the blue bar where the first box says select a category and click baseball and then in the right box type Ty Cobb, and make sure Pricing/Checklists is selected. Then hit return and you should get a Ty Cobb checklist. Look through it till you find it, I think it's an '80ish card. I found SSPC, HyGrade and a couple others. Good Luck.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(10-29-2015, 03:04 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: 1987 Hygrade baseball all time greats.
+1
There are only a few cards that were printed in Orange. Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Jackie Robinson and Cy Young. Each of these come with different colored boxes on the back, some with Red and some with Yellow. On the Green set, there are two variations of each card. One shows the logo on the cap and the other crops it out. The exception to that is some of the poses that show more of the player are cropped differently. It is subtle and hard to notice on some cards. These variations are not all listed in the Beckett database.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I have a few of the green ones, not worth much but pretty cool
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Thank you all so much! Great community, and I'm very lucky to be a part of it!