`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1

RE: RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1
A few more scans done. A 2006 Ultimate Quad I prefer strong sigs but apparently BGS doesnt like these.
Not sure why = the Oswalt isn't cut off- he just didn't go all the way down.All strong with no smears or fading.
The Xfractor I found right when the series came out. The dual Elite have owned forever same with the ACN.
The ACN I own this 1/1 version and another stamped to 5.
More to follow slowly working my way thru Box 1 of stuff.

[Image: full]

From the 2005 DONRUSS CLASSICS series a bunch of scans. Havent done a list of what I need in forever
Actually haven't bought any Clemens in forever concentrating on other Red Sox in my PC.
The Jersey Number piece we discussed years ago whether they did it on purpose or not ( his number was 12,21, or 22 = not 23 at any time)
No one at DLP ever admitted to whether it was done intentionally to draw attention to the series or if the person didn't know Clemens jersey #
Even today no ones fessed up to the truth
I may have 1 or 2 more buried somewhere found these in the same box I've been scanning

Been busy doing personal stuff the last few days and more doc visits with wife. Scanning was back burner to my PSA subs. Got some time so some new scans. Some Clemens and a few new others once I get that far. The Diamond Dominators was my first 10 back in the day and that and the Metal Universe made me happy when they came back
Anyone who has subbed either series knows the Gem difficulties. Refractor Gems are relatively common although I seem to be the only one subbing Clemens. The team book I have a bunch of PSA 10 I may cross over 1 day. This got the Auth label as my hand slipped cutting it manually so the line is wavy hence the no grade auth slab.

Some recent stuff back. I have more to follow as I catch up on lots of projects I am behind on
First BGS sub in 18 months back. And a few PSA re-slabs with new slab covers

More to follow way behind as always on stuff.

More BGS slabs soon still scanning when I can new and older stuff for insurance.
With this one down to 7 or 8 left to complete Macs 1998 HR History set 9 or higher

Bunch more Clemens newly scanned for insurance purposes
Taking me forever just like last time I had to do it
Not sure where my Class 3 or Row 3 are I do know I had some gems so maybe in another box

More for the Clemens insurance project (required scanning). In 1990 Star Co produced a NOVA Edition
Just 500 sets per player produced and in a nice blue/yellow overtone. While not the highest grade- these are 1 owner originals. I'm proud to have held on to them and kept them in good shape. Typical OC and corner issues on these. Somewhere buried deep in storage was the cert that came with it.

Awesome adds as always. What are your thoughts on the flips without subgrades? Seems incomplete looking to me. I like the pricing for them but the OCD part of me demands subgrades.

Not adds Jordan = these Stars have been slabbed since July 2008 = scanning for insurance people.

I don't mind the flips without subs doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Sort of makes me concentrate on the card itself as opposed to constantly reminding me of some weakness.

Another Star set scanned as these are all in the same box apparently. These are the 1991 Star Stellar Clemens, another 500 set production. Nice Red and Gold undertones. Really liked these colors reminded me of late 80's Fleer sets the smaller drug stores sold.