Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Reasonable

Be Reasonable
Good day, Beckett Community!

Well now, I must say that this thread does not come with the grace and enjoyment that usually encompasses my posts. Instead, this thread focuses on the thing that nearly every member on this site has had a negative opinion about... greed.

Save some very selfless offers from amazingly upstanding members, the mass of the trade offers that I have had recently have seen members ask me to trade premium cards for base or small inserts. I am not talking Young Guns or similar, but a Nicklas Lidstrom Auto for a handful of base cards. Not $100 worth of base cards, either, but a dollar-for-dollar trade. I doubt that there is another member on the site that would do that trade.

I have seen a mass exodus of members over the years because of these actions, and even more complaints. But now it is members that made these very complaints that are taking these actions, or members that left due to these actions (yes... ALONG with the site issues) that have since returned. I have even been told that a $120 card that I have is not worth that much when it was put into question.

Please do yourselves and the other members of the site a favour... be fair. I don't know why there are so many members that think that it is okay to try and take advantage of others recently, but this is not the first time that I have had to hit the boards to address such a situation recently. I am not going to be taken advantage of, and I will not allow other members to be taken advantage of either. This is not just a rant, this is my stance as a moderator of the site. This site's members' reputation was built on integrity and ethics. I am not willing to see that put to the way-side.

Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

RE: Be Reasonable
Well said, Randi. I, for one, thank you, and I am sure I am not alone.
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

Thank you Randi, well said. Recently I was asked to trade A Gordie Howe card for base. Just because the cards add up to the same amount , does mean its a fair trade!

While I certainly don't condone greed or attempts to take advantage of anyone - people have different opinions and wants - It's hard to paint with such a wide brush. For example since returning I have made trades that some people would view incredibly one sided for me but also trades that would appear to be one sided for the other person. As a trader - whether that be on here or fantasy hockey or whatever - I like to make offers that I don't ever expect a person to accept right away - more an offer to see what's available and hopefully get a counter.
Just playing devil's advocate I guess to some extent.

To quote George Carlin for a "PG" world :

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is (poop), but YOUR (poop) is STUFF!!"

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

***** hats.

This post was about me...100%. Randi was interested in some Tim Hortons inserts that I had posted 10 to be exact:

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Platinum Profiles #SS2 Darryl Sittler

1 Near Mint/Mint $0.00 $0.00
Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Season Highlights #SH1 Johnny Gaudreau

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Season Highlights #SH3 Carey Price

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Season Highlights #SH5 James van Riemsdyk

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Season Highlights #SH2 Jordan Eberle

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Season Highlights #SH6 Bo Horvat

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Season Highlights #SH7 Ondrej Pavelec

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Shining Futures #SF5 Nathan MacKinnon

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Shining Futures #SF9 Aaron Ekblad

Item Image
2015-16 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Shining Futures #SF11 Sean Monahan

Now these do not carry a BV right now but the Lidstrom AU has a BV of $30, I didn't think that was unreasonable to ask as I would hazard a guess that these will come up BV higher then that. Now if Randi had some Roy base or inserts I needed I would have gladly flipped for them no problem but since there was nothing I needed I asked for something I thought I could trade for cards I needed. Heck I even checked all his MTL cards to see if they were needs for the member funny1 as he has over 80 Roy cards I need.

I never intended to upset Randi in anyway with the offer as I didn't think it was way out there. I am glad to see so many people were willing to hang me out on this one though.

I have made 25 plus trades since I have been back on the boards and many I have traded down for cards I needed. I have always considered Randi to be a friend on these boards but this has really upset me to be called out in this manner. I know he didn't say my name but to use the trade offer was a clear shot.

I hope to continue trading with everyone as I feel I have been very fair with everyone.

Randi please accept my apology for offending you, I did not see it as bad of an offer as you did.

Scott
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I thought it was maybe about me, but Randi accepted my counter offer. It is hard to trade when some cards don't have a book value. I wouldn't have been upset if there was a counter offer, at any rate it is good to remind everybody that we should not expect dollar for dollar, only use the book value as a guide.
Scott if I had some Roy cards to trade I would shoot you an offer, you and Randi have been very good trading partners.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

I can see Randi's point but aren't these Horton's cards a hot item right now. I just recently had a trade with Scott whereas I got $51.00 BV for a $40.00 BV. I agree with Jason about the sometimes one-sided trade but that is between the 2 dealing with each other. Hope all works out for the both.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Based on everything I've read I feel like while the point of the thread is legitimate the details above don't warrant the reaction. A Lidstrom that books $30 you'd be lucky to sell for $10 and the Tim Horton cards are quite popular at the moment (for whatever stupid reason) so 10 of them will probably book more than $30 (I love you Beckett pricing). Wait for pricing to come out and let that settle things.
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/