`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My '56 Topps Set, Scan Heavy

RE: My '56 Topps Set, Scan Heavy
Absolutely amazing! I love it, especially when I see it in pages. I'm a pages/binder guy when it comes to sets and this is truly awesome! Congrats!

(10-13-2015, 03:58 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: Thanks guys!

PJRussell529- I actually picked up a lot of '57s about a year ago (similar condition G-VG) for .50 each. I had about 100 of them, but alas- I flipped them for a pretty nice profit. I wish I would have kept them now since I decided to do all '50s sets ha.
That's ashame but you'll have something to work for but at least you made a profit. There's just something about the 57 set that I love, I think it's that they look like photos. No colored background, no photo inset, just a simple photo with simple name graphic. Best of luck on completing the sets. I look foward to seeing them all. Thanks for sharing these pieces of history.

Franciscomarina- I got them on ebay my man!

PJRussell- You're right man, atleast I made a profit. I do like the backgrounds of the '57s. The set is pretty big though in comparison. I'm excited to get going again on the '55s sometime soon- but have some other stuff I'm looking to pick up first.

But heck, I've got a huge want list- and just buy whatever pops up at a good deal first Smile

Madamson- Me too man, I actually busted out the Mantle from a PSA 2.5 case, just so I could put it in the set in the binder ha.

And thanks to the others that commented as well!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

I have always liked the 1956 and the 1960 Topps sets. I think it's because we don't see a horizontal set very much. Both of you sets are nice, and I figure you have some great memories with the 1954 set.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Baymanks- I've got some cool memories of putting the set together; and an older cousin of mine having the set when I was a kid- but I wasn't around until 1991- so I don't have memories of when they came out sadly ha.

Great background story ... Gives the set that extra sentimental value, which makes what looks like a very expensive endeavor priceless! Amazing collection. Thanks again for letting us look at it!
Hey, You should hire Tanner to make a relic/auto card of your grandmother in a 56 style card to really complete the set! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

now you should get it psa graded. it would increase value and would keep cards from getting anytype of moisture damage over time
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

Doc- that's an interesting idea! Customs are cool, but I just can't fork over the cash that one costs ha.

908- I actually busted out several that were graded so I could put them in this binder ha.

what was easiest and hardest card to get? im assuming hardest was jackie. if so what was next hardest
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

The hardest was actually Mantle.