`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best Scanner Under $200 for BC Refractors

Best Scanner Under $200 for BC Refractors
Hello, I buy and sell a lot of bowman chrome refractors. I am needing to know what the best scanner is for this under $200. I have an epson V37 perfection but it leaves the lines on the colored refractors. Any suggestions would be awesome.

RE: Best Scanner Under $200 for BC Refractors
Install photobucket on your phone and send/post pics anywhere for free.

(10-07-2015, 02:28 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Install photobucket on your phone and send/post pics anywhere for free.
Does it look as nice as a scan? Also, I sell on ebay mainly.

(10-07-2015, 02:28 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Install photobucket on your phone and send/post pics anywhere for free.
I'd like to hear this answer, as I don't have a phone.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-07-2015, 03:51 PM)cbfutures Wrote: Does it look as nice as a scan? Also, I sell on ebay mainly.
If you have a decent phone it comes out much better and you can take unbelievable pics in the sunlight to get some great refractor pictures. If you have time, check out my thread over in the trade forum. Some pics are better than others but that's only due to my lack of time. You can post pictures on ebay from your bucket or obviously take pics from your phone.

I have a Canon MP 250 Scanner/Printer/Copier. Got it for less than $60.00 at Wally World about 5 years ago & works great. Lmk if the scan looks acceptable to you.

[Image: 13%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Ellsbury%20Blue%2...nqmomh.jpg]

[Image: 13%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Pence%20Blue%20Re...2oeppj.jpg]
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

If you want to show the refractor prismatic effects you will need to use a camera instead of a scanner. You can then use lighting to get the right angle for the picture to show the prismatic effect best. A camera phone works great, or you can buy an inexpensive point and shoot camera with auto-focus (around $100 or less these days). I used to scan all my cards, but now I just use the phone on my camera and the pictures turn out great. The only thing I use the scanner for is if I want to embed a super-large high-resolution picture to show corner wear or condition issues that don't always show up well in a picture (typically I only do that for vintage cards).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-07-2015, 04:35 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I have a Canon MP 250 Scanner/Printer/Copier. Got it for less than $60.00 at Wally World about 5 years ago & works great. Lmk if the scan looks acceptable to you.

[Image: 13%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Ellsbury%20Blue%2...nqmomh.jpg]

[Image: 13%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Pence%20Blue%20Re...2oeppj.jpg]
those scans look absolutely fantastic. I just bought a Canon epson perfection V39. It does not have the LED technology so I think I should be alright. If not I will return and buy the one you have.

(10-07-2015, 05:50 PM)djohn Wrote: If you want to show the refractor prismatic effects you will need to use a camera instead of a scanner. You can then use lighting to get the right angle for the picture to show the prismatic effect best. A camera phone works great, or you can buy an inexpensive point and shoot camera with auto-focus (around $100 or less these days). I used to scan all my cards, but now I just use the phone on my camera and the pictures turn out great. The only thing I use the scanner for is if I want to embed a super-large high-resolution picture to show corner wear or condition issues that don't always show up well in a picture (typically I only do that for vintage cards).
Thank you. Very helpful advice. I may just use my iphone 6+ for all of my photos and ditch the scanner idea. The scanning is also much slower than a camera. Also, the epson V39 would not power on. It is USB powered machine and I tried it on 10 USB ports and 3 computers.