`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2015 Baseball Season Expressed in Customs

2015 Baseball Season Expressed in Customs
As a whole, baseball has been painful for me to watch since the 2014 all-star break. The A's traded away .... well ... everybody. I don't think I'm alone when I say it hurts to see highlight reels being filled up by Cespedes of the Red Sox ... or is it the Tigers ... or wait ... Mets? and Donaldson of the Blue Jays.

Yeah, I know there are better players out there, but why oh why couldn't they have stayed put?

Still, baseball is baseball. It has its ups and its down. You roll with the punches. I have made some customs to illustrate some of what stuck out for me this season. First, and foremost I would like to say that I'm VERY thankful that my home team - the Astros did AMAZING! They fought their hearts out, and ....

They ate gummy bears.

[Image: gattis.jpg]

I was thrilled with the 2015 cast of Houston. They have so many interesting players to watch, I hope they will be able to continue eating gummy bears far into the post season.

David Ortiz hits #500; admires blast from the batter's box for 8 minutes.

[Image: papi.jpg]

Maybe that is a bit of an over-estimate, but love him or hate him, Big Papi is entertaining. Was he on the juice, or wasn't he? I don't know, but he is a fun personality to watch ... whether he is bashing home runs, or gatorade coolers.

Machado admires homer like Papi & gets drilled next time up to bat

[Image: machado.jpg]

Sorry, Manny - you are still a kid, and about half the mass of Papi. There is no mistaking though that Machado is a superstar. While he may never lead the majors in home runs, he very well may lead in bruises.

Bryce Harper Gets Pap-Smeared

[Image: harperpap.jpg]

After Papelbon threw at Machado, team-mate Bryce Harper called him out in front of the media. Papelbon didn't like that, and decided to throw a hissy fit at Bryce, then threw him into the wall.

The Zito / Huddy Showdown

[Image: zitohudson.jpg]
This was one of the very few games I got excited about this year. I was very excited about Zito pitching for the A's this year, and to find out he was going against Hudson ... in a battle of the bay game ... pure awesomeness! Though the lackluster performances of both former pitching studs left a lot to be desired, the game was not without its share of drama. Zito got drilled for 4 runs early on, but Hudson let him play catch up by walking some runs in.

Scherzer throws a no-no-no-no

[Image: scherzera.jpg]

What is better than throwing a no hitter? Throwing 2 no hitters! To make this extra special, I thought I'd whip up an ultra SSSSSP. Like .... one in a trillion packs. Let's call this the chocolate face variation.

[Image: scherzerb.jpg]

Kershaw first pitcher since 2002 to 300 K's

[Image: 1960-kershaw.jpg]

Kershaw is one of my favorite pitchers. Both on-field and off-field, I'm a big fan! I was happy to hear that he hit the 300 k plateau for the first time since some 12 foot tall dude named Randy Johnson did it about 13 years ago.

Finch became first female to pitch in a Major League baseball game

[Image: jennyfinch.jpg]

In a 17-0 blowout against the Pirates, the Mets signed Jenny Finch to pitch the bottom of the 7th. She ended up holding Pittsburgh to 2 hits and no earned runs striking out 4. Okay, this never happened - but how cool would that have been?

Ichiro makes MLB pitching debut

[Image: ichiro.jpg]

Now this actually did happen, and Ichiro didn't do too bad, either! Tapping into his pre-mlb roots, he allowed only one earned run. Look for more of Ichiro on the mound in the coming years ... if we are lucky!

So, those were the things that stuck out to me - what stuck out to you?
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: 2015 Baseball Season Expressed in Customs
Very nice. I love cards that never were. The Scherzer SSSP makes me queasy.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Great little stroll down 2015 Memory Lane. Smile
I think Abreu's first 2 seasons with consecutive 30 HR / 100 RBI seasons tying him with Albert Pujols (as the only 2 in MLB history) would have made for a nice custom dual Abreu/Pujols card.
Love them or hate them, but give the 'devils' their due .... A-Rod and Josh Hamilton made great comebacks this year, with all odds against them! Another dual card-worthy 2015 moment!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Due to the positive feedback online, I figured I'd throw up a few more!

ARod Does the Unthinkable, and wins fans back

[Image: arodagain.jpg]

Perhaps the greatest "nice" villain baseball has ever seen, ARod had his team and fans hating his guts after being caught for a second time cheating, then was banned for a year. The 2015 stat-line in everyone's heads coming into April for him would likely be 50 games played while hitting 2 homers, batting .182 resulting in him being benched. Instead, the bronx bomber surprised everyone and smashed 33 round trippers. Strangely enough, a large portion of baseball's fans were rooting for him, too.

Mike Trout Gets High

[Image: 1952trouta.jpg]

It is no secret - Trout's got ups, yo! But check this out ...

Trout jumps out of baseball card

[Image: 1952troutb.jpg]

Yeah, he's that good. I think this is def. SSSSP material.

Polanco falls asleep during Catch

[Image: 1978polanco.jpg]

Have you ever seen fainting goats? Well, in this picture, it looks like that is exactly what happened. No, he didn't really fall asleep during a catch, but the trip was pretty epic.

Will Ferrell plays for every team; signs with Rangers and changes name to Josh Hamilton

[Image: 1986hamilton.jpg]

What, you thought it was actually Josh playing the past few months with the Rangers? No, he has been nursing various injuries back home. Who you are seeing is actually Will Ferrell. The Rangers liked what they saw so much out of Will, that they decided to call him in. Strangely enough, nobody in baseball suspected a thing.

Oh, and the SSSP of Willjosh Hamiltonferrell ... bobblehead style.

[Image: 1986hamiltonbobble.jpg]

BONUS: The Dancing Angels

[Image: dancingangels.jpg]

Pujols and Trouty get down, and treat their fans to a dancing exhibition that hasn't been seen in ages. It is a little known fact that Hamilton got hurt during dance practice, continually stepping on Pujols' feet, thus resulting in him being traded.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

Like the "vintage" Angels logos........rest of the cards are to funny man. Great stuff!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Ha very cool stuff man- but as much as I hate him- A-Rod deserves a 3,000 Hits milestone card!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(10-06-2015, 01:10 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: Ha very cool stuff man- but as much as I hate him- A-Rod deserves a 3,000 Hits milestone card!
BAH - I can't believe I forgot the 3,000 hit milestone! MLB, I think, buried that pretty good from the limelight.

Trout and Pujols ... It's a Bromance! LOL
Great stuff, Tanner.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Just saw a shot of Billy Crystal sitting at the AL Wildcard game in New York tonight. He looked so sad. Maybe have one of those A&G specials with that shot of Billy Crystal in disbelief... heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]