IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossover grading?

RE: Crossover grading?
Beckett gonna Beckett

(03-27-2023, 03:12 PM)vmscudz Wrote: I submitted some SGC 10 Pristine gold label graded cards to Beckett and on my submission form put min. Grade 10 Pristine (not black label) and I'm being told they won't grade them unless I reduce my minimum grade requirement to a BGS 9.5.  why does this rule exist if I prefer a SGC Gold 10 over a BGS 9.5 slab, but a BGS 10 slab over a SGC 10 slab for my cards?
I think Beckett gem mint is 9.5 and SGC gem mint is 10 - thus the difference.  As you pointed out beckett has 9.5 - 10 - 10 Black label - SGC has a 10 and a 10 gold.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I know that this isn't what the thread was about, but I personally think it's for the best. You'll thank Beckett later.

SGC gold labels will pass BGS 10s in both value and collectibility before long at all. BGS is a sinking ship. It's amazing if you follow graded prices to see just how close BGS 10s have dropped relative to PSA 10s lately. And and SGC gold label > PSA 10. As SGC continues to ascend and BGS continues to slide, crossing over SGC cards to BGS, even if you get the black label, will provide diminishing returns.

(03-28-2023, 07:12 AM)PhoenixRisen Wrote: I know that this isn't what the thread was about, but I personally think it's for the best. You'll thank Beckett later.

SGC gold labels will pass BGS 10s in both value and collectibility before long at all. BGS is a sinking ship. It's amazing if you follow graded prices to see just how close BGS 10s have dropped relative to PSA 10s lately. And and SGC gold label > PSA 10. As SGC continues to ascend and BGS continues to slide, crossing over SGC cards to BGS, even if you get the black label, will provide diminishing returns.
Facts!!!!! 

lol RJ  now I'm hijacking you comments!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-28-2023, 07:37 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Facts!!!!! 

lol RJ  now I'm hijacking you comments!
It's a great shorthand way to say "I agree with your comment"

LOL

Isn't it amazing how things change? This thread should be laminated and put in every Beckett employees office. There truly was once a time, not too long ago that BGS 9.5 was better then a PSA 10.....that time is long gone.
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info