`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody happen to notice...........

RE: Anybody happen to notice...........
I would've gone to the Rays games this weekend if I had known Ortiz was so close to hitting #500. It would've been awesome to be there in person.
Funny how for some players the lead-up to a significant homerun is all over the media and others there is no lead-up and even once he hits the HR there is little talk about it. Maybe with so many players getting to 600 HRs the 500 HR mark isn't such a big deal to the media anymore.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The Five Star kinda speaks for itself.
[Image: 0fbff3ed-c8dc-4fa7-b4d5-a1ee5f237caa_zpszkky7xj8.jpg]

Only 2 autos I have for now but I do own a nice patch and Papis Ultra RC

(09-14-2015, 08:54 AM)once78 Wrote: Here is my only PC card of the big boy...[Image: IMG_20150804_0011_zpsnczx0vsa.jpg]

OMG, that's amazing. Congrats

I have a couple of nice autos but unfortunately my phone and only source of internet doesn't like to get along with photobucket.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

(09-14-2015, 06:39 AM)madamson Wrote: Dear Red Sox Fans,

You're welcome!

Sincerely,

Minnesota Twins fans
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No autos but I found this 1997 card in a box of commons once and paid 10 cents for it.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(09-15-2015, 09:08 PM)zeprock Wrote: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
No autos but I found this 1997 card in a box of commons once and paid 10 cents for it.
David Arias? I don't remember ... Was that an error or an alias or a name change to Ortiz? If he hit any HRs under another name, do they count for his current total?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-16-2015, 05:49 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: David Arias? I don't remember ... Was that an error or an alias or a name change to Ortiz? If he hit any HRs under another name, do they count for his current total?
He was born David Américo Ortiz Arias and signed with Seattle before being dealt to the Twins for Dave Hollins. Once he got to Minnesota, he informed the organization that he wanted to go by Ortiz. The name Arias on that card probably accounts for why it was in a box of commons.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(09-16-2015, 07:00 AM)zeprock Wrote: The name Arias on that card probably accounts for why it was in a box of commons.
The name had something to do with it but moreso the fact that he wasn't a huge name star rookie and didn't make an impact for several years led to this card littering commons bins. I remember back in the mid-2000s when he started hitting 30-40 homers a season and people started looking through the common bins for this card. I actually found one in my own box of 1997 Fleer commons. There are probably quite a few of these cards sitting in boxes of commons that people haven't touched in over a decade. The same holds true for his 1997 Ultra rookie.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/