`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wierd grade

wierd grade
What does it mean when you look up a graded card and it has all zeros across the board??

RE: weird grade
(09-03-2015, 06:57 AM)jcards Wrote: What does it mean when you look up a graded card and it has all zeros across the board??
It could be a couple of things.....

If it's all zero's across the board EXCEPT the final grade, that would mean the card was vintage (1980 and prior) and graded by BVG. I could be wrong, but I do not believe there would be grades attached to cornering, edges, surface, etc. Only a "final grade".

Or.......

The card that was sent in was deemed to be fake, trimmed, etc. in which they will not grade.

I guess it is possible as well that the card was not graded if a "minimum grade" was requested by the party that sent in said card!

Collecting Minneapolis & Los Angeles Lakers items

RE: weird grade
(09-03-2015, 08:16 AM)chick hearn Wrote: It could be a couple of things.....

If it's all zero's across the board EXCEPT the final grade, that would mean the card was vintage (1980 and prior) and graded by BVG. I could be wrong, but I do not believe their would be grades attached to cornering, edges, surface, etc. Only a "final grade".

Or.......

The card that was sent in was deemed to be fake, trimmed, etc. in which they will not grade.

I guess it is possible as well that the card was not graded if a "minimum grade" was requested by the party that sent in said card!
POST #4,200

In addition to these, it could be that the card was reslabbed.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

RE: wierd grade
I've had cards I've added to the registry that comes up with 0's even though it has subgrades on the slab.

It adds 0 points too which seems to really lower my GPA
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

More than likely the card didn't meet the minimum grade that person had wanted and they just had it slabbed as "Authentic" or it was a vintage card that does not have sub-grades.

I don't think so.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!