IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Chrome Refractors

Topps Chrome Refractors
Hey guys,

Quick question for you.

What exactly is the difference between the 2015 Topps Chrome Refractors and Prism Refractors?
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Topps Chrome Refractors
When you tilt it, a prism refractor looks like it has boxes on it. A regular doesn't. Here's a good shot to show what a Prism looks like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-TOPPS-CHROM...5b17b5d3f4

Thank you.

I think I have some prizm's, but shocked I don't have any normal refractors.

I've seen several others posting difficulty in figuring this out.

(09-01-2015, 08:57 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: When you tilt it, a prism refractor looks like it has boxes on it. A regular doesn't. Here's a good shot to show what a Prism looks like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-TOPPS-CHROM...5b17b5d3f4
Thanks,
- Steve

(09-01-2015, 10:59 AM)sshissler Wrote: Thank you.

I think I have some prizm's, but shocked I don't have any normal refractors.

I've seen several others posting difficulty in figuring this out.
If what Beckett says is true you have some regular refractors. They are seeded 1:1 in jumbos, 1:3 in retail and 1:3 in hobby. They are hard to identify. I have bought enough Topps Chrome that I should have 30 refractors but haven't found them yet.

It took me along time to figure what was a refractor and what was not. I finally found the right lighting and went through all of the cards I had and found 2 additional refractors I didn't think I had. They really did make it super hard to figure them out this year. At least they could have put "Refractor" on the backs of the cards like how they did in past years

(09-01-2015, 01:07 PM)DTD500 Wrote: It took me along time to figure what was a refractor and what was not. I finally found the right lighting and went through all of the cards I had and found 2 additional refractors I didn't think I had. They really did make it super hard to figure them out this year. At least they could have put "Refractor" on the backs of the cards like how they did in past years
I never could identify refractors until they started putting refractor on the backs. Even my son who in the past could identify the refractors before turning them over has a hard time this year

If you look at your cards and can't tell, doesn't that make it pointless that there even are refractors? I personally don't care about refractors on chrome cards, seems silly to me.

I guess it would be pointless if there was no difference in value, but unfortunately (or fortunately I guess), there is a difference in value.

As others have said, marking them would have been nice.

(09-02-2015, 11:15 AM)KPRROK Wrote: If you look at your cards and can't tell, doesn't that make it pointless that there even are refractors? I personally don't care about refractors on chrome cards, seems silly to me.
Thanks,
- Steve

(09-01-2015, 01:11 PM)cspen Wrote: I never could identify refractors until they started putting refractor on the backs. Even my son who in the past could identify the refractors before turning them over has a hard time this year

+1

It's very hard to differentiate the refractors this year in Finest and now Chrome

it irritates me that they don't mark them. I am sure I have a few, but since I can't tell everything is going in as a base.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney