`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do companies do with unredeemed cards?
Rainbow 
What do companies do with unredeemed cards?
Lets say you buy a pack of cards a few years after they were first sold and get an expired redemption card. You could send it in and hope for the best but more likely they will not honor it. So what happens to all the cards that were not redeemed in time?

RE: What do companies do with unredeemed cards?
Then those that were redeemed are magically worth more.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

They are used as redemption replacements if they were actually made.

A lot of redemption cards aren't even actually made when the product is produced. I thinik it was DrM here who had a Ty Cobb relic that took like 2 years to get back....beause it wasn't made. I assume the on card auto redemptions that players actually don't sign get trashed. Like HOFC pointed out, rest are used as redemption replacements.

Also, though the redemption period may have ended...I'd still send anything in I opened. You never know if you don't try!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-28-2015, 06:01 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: A lot of redemption cards aren't even actually made when the product is produced. I thinik it was DrM here who had a Ty Cobb relic that took like 2 years to get back....beause it wasn't made. I assume the on card auto redemptions that players actually don't sign get trashed. Like HOFC pointed out, rest are used as redemption replacements.

Also, though the redemption period may have ended...I'd still send anything in I opened. You never know if you don't try!
+1 on this. I have had expired redemptions redeemed without a hiccup and know plenty of others have as well. If the redemptions don't go through online, usually you can call Topps and plead your case. Depending on who answers you may be able to redeem it.

(08-28-2015, 06:56 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: +1 on this. I have had expired redemptions redeemed without a hiccup and know plenty of others have as well. If the redemptions don't go through online, usually you can call Topps and plead your case. Depending on who answers you may be able to redeem it.
Hmmmm, I never tried to send in a redemption ... Only tried and denied online.
(08-28-2015, 06:01 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: A lot of redemption cards aren't even actually made when the product is produced. I thinik it was DrM here who had a Ty Cobb relic that took like 2 years to get back....beause it wasn't made.
Yep! Over 2 years! But it was worth the wait .... But it was a ridiculously long time, especially since they couldn't blame it on the baseball player Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

They through them in the river like the 1952 Topps Mantle cards. Just kidding

The use them as replacements for other redemption cards or use them for the buyback promotions they have been doing.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]