`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-submit for higher grade?

Re-submit for higher grade?
I just purchased a 1986-1987 fleer MJ rookie card. The subs are 10,10,9.5,9.5. Has anyone ever successfully re-submitted a card on got a grade bump? I am so close to a pristine MJ RC that I think I might have a go.

I am going to send it in with the original slab so I don't run the risk of it losing sub grades.

RE: Re-submit for higher grade?
(08-28-2015, 05:13 AM)maccar86 Wrote: I just purchased a 1986-1987 fleer MJ rookie card. The subs are 10,10,9.5,9.5. Has anyone ever successfully re-submitted a card on got a grade bump? I am so close to a pristine MJ RC that I think I might have a go.

I am going to send it in with the original slab so I don't run the risk of it losing sub grades.
Was it recently Graded? Which subgrades correspond to he 10's? Some people write it down wrong.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If you crack it out is there any guarantee you would hold the 9.5?
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

10,10,9.5,9.5 - in the correct order; centering, edges, corners, surface.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I know Beckett will reexamine cards without breaking them out of the slabs. They actually have asked people to send the pristine 10's back in to see if they are good enough for a black label.

Certainly an excellent card as is though and worth more than a regular 9.5 imo
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(08-29-2015, 05:04 AM)maccar86 Wrote: 10,10,9.5,9.5 - in the correct order; centering, edges, corners, surface.
Nope. Correct order is Centering, Corners, Edges, Surface

Well it has 10s in the top 2 subs. The finer details don't matter. Has anyone ever sent in a card this close to pristine and received a .5 bump up? Is it worth attempting it? As I am international I am a little scared of the stories I'm reading on here about cards coming back damaged

(08-29-2015, 04:25 PM)maccar86 Wrote: Well it has 10s in the top 2 subs. The finer details don't matter. Has anyone ever sent in a card this close to pristine and received a .5 bump up? Is it worth attempting it? As I am international I am a little scared of the stories I'm reading on here about cards coming back damaged
I'm not trying to cause problems, but it's not the top 2 subs.

The fact that you're international I'd pause on sending it in as well. If there's anyone you know stateside that you can send it to them and have them do it for you, I'd go that route.

You only need one of those 9.5s to be bumped. I can tell you corners are graded harsh so there's obviously a corner flaw. And surface will probably need to require breaking it out to give a real fair assessment of the surface. If it's a finger print that can be wiped off, they won't wipe it, but you can.

You have a lot to think about and I don't envy you.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram