`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Do you want to see my set?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Heck Yeah! Rock on Dude!
91.43%
32 91.43%
Maybe but this is a baseball thread. Post it in the Misc. Forum (where no one will see it).
5.71%
2 5.71%
Nah! Not interested
2.86%
1 2.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OT: The Set I've Always Wanted

RE: OT: The Set I've Always Wanted
This is a real great set! I love rock and other genres of music. I think another guitarist to add to your list is Vernon Reid of Living Colour. Very underated in my opinion.. The look of these cards is definitely classic.

(08-27-2015, 11:20 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The beauty of virtual cards ... Corrections Smile
Hey, proofreading error caught ... Jackson Browne text ... You have misspelled Brief as Breif
Having fun with these cards! Please keep'em coming!
Thanks for finding the errors. Fixed now. Probably more to come.

Here's my fourth "pack". I hope you enjoy.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

So far, it doesn't seem like you've got any doubles.

By the way, real nice job!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Is the Bonham a sp error card? I think that is the Foo Fighters David G. If so awesome hit!

Thanks....some interesting and cool folks in this pack. Plus a pull of the anti-Christ.....LOL.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-28-2015, 06:15 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Is the Bonham a sp error card? I think that is the Foo Fighters David G. If so awesome hit!
Oh man, you're right. I've pulled that one from the set and replaced it with my David Grohl card. I created that from a mislabeled photo. Unlike Topps, I don't want errors in my set. Good catch.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

The Chad Smith/Will Ferrell 'drum-off' on the Jimmy Fallon Show is one of TV's best moments! Check it out!

Double check your David Clayton Thomas Photo. I could be totally wrong, but it doesn't look anything like the lead singer of BS&T.... Unless that's a pic of him @ 15 years old in high school Smile . But I remember seeing them on TV live in the early 70's and totally different looking ... Bigger, slightly balding. That picture is probably Al Kooper, who was the original BS&T lead singer before DCT helped to make them mega-hit recording stars ....BS&T album won a Grammy in 1968 beating out The Beatles Abbey Road! (Mistake: it was 1970)

(08-28-2015, 11:24 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: So far, it doesn't seem like you've got any doubles.
LOL
Yeah, so far his collation is MUCH better than Topps!!!!
I've only picked up 2 blasters and 5 hangers of Topps Chrome and already have some cards in triplicate!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-29-2015, 12:53 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Double check your David Clayton Thomas Photo. I could be totally wrong, but it doesn't look anything like the lead singer of BS&T.... Unless that's a pic of him @ 15 years old in high school Smile . But I remember seeing them on TV live in the early 70's and totally different looking ... Bigger, slightly balding. That picture is probably Al Kooper, who was the original BS&T lead singer before DCT helped to make them mega-hit recording stars ....BS&T album won a Grammy in 1968 beating out The Beatles Abbey Road!
You're correct. That one will take me a few days to remedy as pictures of DCT in his heyday seem to be hard to find.

(08-29-2015, 12:53 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: So far, it doesn't seem like you've got any doubles.
Yes, no dupes. Amazing collation.

Here's virtual pack 5 for those who have interest:

ChChChChChCherry Bomb. Wow, the Runaways. What a supergroup. Lita Ford and Joan Jett. Hot stuff. I feel so young again.

There are some cool pics of DCT in a Neru / Indian style jacket from the Grammy Awards if I remember correctly (IIRC Smile for those of you that are unfamiliar). R&R HOF or some Grammy website, I believe that's where I saw it a while ago.
Okay, I found this ... Not Neru/Indian ... But funky, nonetheless and way cool since I didn't remember Louis Armstrong there ...
[Image: 2567acb602db8be5945f8f21c4cd6292_zpsct2lz6bt.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I gotta find Clayton-Thomas in a color photo to keep it consistent with the rest of the set. I have one on an album if I can't find one online. In the meantime, I swapped it out for my Al Kooper card. Interesting note...there were only two pictures I wasn't completely sure about in the entire 600 photos and they were John Bonham and David Clayton-Thomas. How they not only showed up randomly in the same "pack" but back-to-back is a heck of a coincidence.

I appreciate the feedback and the corrections.