`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Bowman Chrome break...bust...

2008 Bowman Chrome break...bust...
So I saw this on the bay for $30 free shipping figured I'd try and sell it at a card show I set up for yesterday. Basically no one even looked at the box. It was my first show so I figured I would try a few different things. So I took the box home and my wife talked me into just breaking the box. So Here's what I got:

Votto RC

Cueto RC
Cueto refractor #/250 RC

About 5 or 6 other regular refractors

The auto was Dustin Richardson #/500

And of course I got a redemption dual auto of Prince Fielder and LaPorta. Sad face on the redemption that expired 5 years ago. I forgot about that risk. Just somewhat happy I got the Auto even though there was a redemption in the box too. Oh, I don't have them in my org yet, probably will list them in there sometime this week. Think I'm gonna start trading again on here. It's been awhile since I've done any trading on here. Bout time I start I suppose. heh

[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

RE: 2008 Bowman Chrome break...bust...
(08-17-2015, 04:17 PM)woogie23 Wrote: Votto RC
Cueto RC
Cueto refractor #/250 RC
About 5 or 6 other regular refractors
The auto was Dustin Richardson #/500
And of course I got a redemption dual auto of Prince Fielder and LaPorta.
Damn redemptions!! That's one of the things that I would change about the hobby, if I were elected President! Smile I'd run on the No-Redemption Ticket Smile
Hey, don't throw away that expired redemption card, a Prince Fielder SuperCollector might actually buy it from you. Think about it ... It's probably more rare than the actual card that was made. Smile

Now you only need to find a Dustin Richardson SuperCollector for your other 'hit'! Smile

Sorry that your luck wasn't better, but lucky you didn't spend more for the box.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Enter the redemption anyway. See what happens. I'd be interested in the Cueto refractor. Got pics?

I still have that redemption card, that's funny, but you're right, Prince is good enough to have those crazy collectors. heh I'm at work tonight, I'll try and get the pic's in this thread in the thread tonight or tomorrow. (At work right now, shhhh!)

Here are the scans of the Cueto's and the Votto (RC)'s
(08-17-2015, 06:12 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Enter the redemption anyway. See what happens. I'd be interested in the Cueto refractor. Got pics?
I tried the redemption, it said something about it being expired. Blah!!! heh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Awesome Cueto! Sorry about that redemption though
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

You know what bugs me about the redemptions?
It's not just the wait time and the screwing over of the person who didn't redeem it on time.
It's the lingering question of "what in the heck is topps doing with the non-redeemed autograph?"
Do Topps employees get to take these unredeemed cards home?
Is there a lottery at the Topps offices for the unredeemed autos?
Do they have a waiting list at Topps for which employees get to take them home first?
I can understand that, hey, Topps, doesn't want to keep boxes in storage for autographs from 10 years ago that weren't redeemed but what else are they gonna do with them? Throw them away? Put them up on Ebay?
I wonder.
Of course it all comes back to the point that there shouldn't be redemptions.
But that is all too simple.

(08-23-2015, 04:28 PM)natejeffries Wrote: You know what bugs me about the redemptions?
It's not just the wait time and the screwing over of the person who didn't redeem it on time.
It's the lingering question of "what in the heck is topps doing with the non-redeemed autograph?"
Do Topps employees get to take these unredeemed cards home?
Is there a lottery at the Topps offices for the unredeemed autos?
Do they have a waiting list at Topps for which employees get to take them home first?
I can understand that, hey, Topps, doesn't want to keep boxes in storage for autographs from 10 years ago that weren't redeemed but what else are they gonna do with them? Throw them away? Put them up on Ebay?
I wonder.
Of course it all comes back to the point that there shouldn't be redemptions.
But that is all too simple.
majority of them surely get used as replacements (missing hits, damaged cards, goodwill for bad CS hehe).

remember all of those contests topps has where you get cards in packs to redeem for older cards, probably some go there too!

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75