Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Topps not shipping 2013 Inception Puig

Topps not shipping 2013 Inception Puig
Hi.
I just got off the phone with Topps and they are not honoring the Inception Puig redemption I mailed to them. They have offered a replacement, but do not seem to understand that I would not have opened the 4 boxes of Inception I had if I'd known that they were not honoring the redemptions in the packs. I hoped for a Buxton, Correa or Puig, got the Puig, but if I knew one of the big three was not available I'd never would have opened the boxes.

If you have Inception and have yet to open know that the Puig is unavailable (at least to me). If you get a Puig redemption and they honor it please let me know.

Thanks,

enjoy collecting!

RE: Topps not shipping 2013 Inception Puig
They probably never made the cards. Happens all the time. I'd take the redemption at this point anyway.

There are plenty of 2013 Inception Puig autos for sale on eBay right now. Not sure which version you got that was a redemption.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

My objection is to Topps not having the cards they put in as redemptions or not advertising that their redemptions are no longer available. If they were to notify the hobby they were no longer honoring certain redemptions the price of those boxes would go down. I would have not opened, but sold the Inception boxes I had if I knew the Puig redemptions were not honored.

Yeah, I know they made it and were honouring the redemptions. I have one myself. My guess is that they used some as replacements for other high end cards and so are out of stock, as they don't figure all of the redemptions will get used up. Try to get something that will have a higher sell value than the Puig, then sell it and buy a Puig...if you really want one that is. I agree it's sucky business practice, but it's Topps...
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

What did they offer ?
[Image: c420f836-983f-40d0-9430-a8ccfd947155_zpsfddf63fd.jpg]

I know the base puig auto has been really scarce! It took me almost a year to catch one on eBay. But he did sign them, at this point 2 years later I am guessing they used them to fill other redemptions or something like that.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%