`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BLOWOUT Cards? No longer legit?

RE: BLOWOUT Cards? No longer legit?
I buy a lot of football boxes from Blowout and in the last month, have had 3 case hits, so I don't think I believe it's true. I have pulled plenty of great cards from Blowout in the past.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

I store up a lot of Boxes and cases. About every 2 weeks I go to about 5 sites ( mentioned ) and see what their current asking prices are per box or case. Then I can adjust my Prices. What confuses me is that they will list certain boxes as sold out and then in about 2 weeks they are back on the shelf to sell. They always say that the Product is back in Stock. When I check 2-3 Distributors may be out. How many do you think Hold Back Product. I track 2010- Bowman Jumbo Baseball- 2012 Bowman Jumbo Baseball- 2012 Topps Chrome Baseball- - 2012 Topps Chrome Football- 2012 Topps Prime Football and 2012 Platinum Football. About Dealer- Hold back-Some list the Product for Pre-Order and then One does not list it for about 2 weeks when the Pre-Order is available

Don't ever kid yourself, when there is money involved, trust nobody. I am my shops #1 customer bar none and have been on both sides of the case hit situation. Hit them and cleaned up the crap left by others. I only buy from sealed cases from the distributors warehouse direct to the LCS. It is expensive but it takes away the guesswork. Always remember, its just another legal form of gambling.

(08-12-2015, 12:54 AM)rippinwax Wrote: Don't ever kid yourself, when there is money involved, trust nobody.
Very true statement!!
[Image: image.jpg]

Humans are human..they will cheat and steal anyway they can..original sin and all that..

I stopped by the Fantastic Store (Blowout cards retail outlet) and asked if they were following the thread on Beckett...they were not aware at the store..but said that if they deliberately sold boxes knowing the hits are gone..they would not be in business...
And..with the "hits" per box/case...the ratio is the lowest..that is what you SHOULD get minimally...often there are many other "hits" as good in the case/box..just opened a box of GQ and got 2 silver minis, red mini and press plate..there are no "case hits" listed for GQ..

Anyway..people will always try to game the system...we must all be on the lookout for frauds...$200 boxes going for $50..may be a reason...

I will say I have been writing box reviews for nearly six years now and in that time only ONE box has failed to deliver what was promised. (And I did receive an immediate replacement box for that).

Case hits are case hits and if the customers buys a box; takes it home; gets the case hit and tells no one, the store owner has no way of knowing. So if you believe the store owner is honest; and the two nearest me are honest, then it truly is luck of the draw.

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

DO NOT BUY FROM BLOWOUTCARDS!!! In August, bought 10 boxes of 2007 Press Pass Elvis Presley cards through Ebay. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-PRESS-PASS-...1631979358?) When I finally got to the last box, there was an Elvis CUT SIGNATURE pack. To my surprise, it was opened at the bottom! (see photo). There was only 4 of the 5 cards. They had taken out the cut signature card, which I assume would have gone for thousands of dollars, put it back in the box and resealed it. Unfortunately, when the purchase arrived, I was on a long business trip, so my chance of getting my money back was gone.

[Image: IMG_4931.jpg]

So I don't know what to say about this topic as I never bought from the places mentioned yet BUT I do buy a lot of boxes from my local comic book/card shop and I can say that I have had a few really good hits from them so I will keep buying boxes and hoping for the best.. With that said I do intend on buying a case soon from blowout when I do I will post all hits on this site and let my fellow collectors be the judge of it. I do trust they would not ruin there rep on taking case hits out..
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

I have never had an issue ordering sealed boxes online from any known vendor.

My thinking on this is that this rumor against Blowout cards, DAcard etc. is being brought by buyers who buy a box or 2 of each product, but are unlucky enough to almost never get a case hit.

I do not buy it. Last year a bought an order from DAcard world and had a pack of SPX hockey added to get the free shipping and got the case hit out of just 1 pack.