`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hasn't this RB got a job?

RE: Why hasn't this RB got a job?
(08-13-2015, 06:43 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: does anyone else understand that the 3.1 yards per carry was the best on the team(pierce was 2.9).. the whole offense struggled that year statistically,even flacco. they went 8-8.. the line was TERRIBLE. Flacco had 19 tds and 22 ints .. relax on the 3.1 ypc stat on a terrible 8-8 team. if they went 12-4 and other running options did better I could see points being valid but that's just a terrible stretch of excuse to say that's the lone reason he doesn't have a job. Look at chris Johnson.
Bro!!! I was about to say the same thing! Yea yea, "numbers never lie" BUT are misleading sometimes. You gotta look at the scheme for one, as they were in the transition of going to a more pass heavy offense anyways, to make Flacco work for that big bonus he got. The team as whole as terrible, please don't read the team out of context.
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

The only difference between Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson or any of the other violators is that Ray has an incredibly incriminating video. Can you imagine if there was a video of Adrian Peterson whipping his son with a switch? Im sure his odds of playing again would be much lower than Ray Rice's. Rice has been very publicly remorseful, as he has done appearances around Baltimore and at Rutgers on decision making and domestic violence. Sadly, being in the court of public opinion, that video drug him down much further than any of the other violators.

With that being sad, I am a huge Ray Rice fan. We went to Rutgers together so I was able to watch him change the face of Rutgers. He was always a great representative of the school and never had any issues. It seems like he will get signed this year as injuries pile up. After a few weeks of media overload, it will be forgotten and we'll all be more concerned about our fantasy football line-ups. The better he performs, the more people will begin to embrace him. After having a year off with nothing to do but train, he'll hopefully look more like Ricky Williams, who gained almost 1 ypc after taking a year off at almost the same age, than the 3.1 ypc Ray Rice.
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

Arian Foster averaged over 1.5 per carry more, and only 80 yards less in HALF the number of games. Rice sux. Oh, and the Texas went 2-14 where the Ravens were 8-8.

(08-13-2015, 06:54 PM)GoStros Wrote: Arian Foster averaged over 1.5 per carry more, and only 80 yards less in HALF the number of games. Rice sux. Oh, and the Texas went 2-14 where the Ravens were 8-8.
There's at least a dozen rb's that are better than Ray Rice, thats not whats being discussed. However, right now Ray Rice is better since he can at least get on the field.
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
3. Mike Trout Auto

My point was his full season stats are a big part along with the baggage that is keeping him at home. Yes, he could take the field whereas Foster cannot, but Alfred Blue's season last year was comparable to Ray's 2013 seaso. The glaring difference is Blue had ZERO fumbles.

(08-13-2015, 07:23 PM)GoStros Wrote: My point was his full season stats are a big part along with the baggage that is keeping him at home. Yes, he could take the field whereas Foster cannot, but Alfred Blue's season last year was comparable to Ray's 2013 seaso. The glaring difference is Blue had ZERO fumbles.
Ray Rice was always an above average running back, but what made him special was his ability to catch. He had 58 receptions in 2013, which is something that very few RB's can do. Having over 2000 all purpose yards in something that guys like Alfred Blue will never be able to do. Granted, those days are probably behind Ray, but he certainly has some special abiltiies remaining.

Top Wants
3. Mike Trout Auto

To me, a player isn't just stats (ignoring the "off-field" stuff). What can they do to help a team? They may not be the best at any one thing, but heart, and leadership, could be huge. It says a lot to me that Ray Lewis thought the world of Ray Rice, and Lewis was a very inspirational leader, in my opinion, on the field. Rice did everything well, but wasn't exceptional like a Peterson or Lynch. He played his heart out every week, and I think that's what makes that Ravens team go, team play over individuals. I think Rice could be a great fit for a team needing some leadership on work ethic. Panthers could do worse than signing him to take the load off of Stewart, who has never been healthy a full year. Rice could look like a super star behind the Cowboys line lol. He could be a tone setter in Atlanta, Jets, maybe even the Patriots. IF he comes back, I think he could be a great addition, talent wise, to a lot of teams.

(08-13-2015, 06:54 PM)GoStros Wrote: Arian Foster averaged over 1.5 per carry more, and only 80 yards less in HALF the number of games. Rice sux. Oh, and the Texas went 2-14 where the Ravens were 8-8.
arian foster also had a better offensive line too where the Texans defense sucked you know what because of injuries whereas the ravens defense kept them in the games... flacco tossed 22 picks bro...cause his time to throw was nonexistent
btw.. heres your boy blues stats last year

2014 HOU
16 169 528 3.1(ypc) 46 2(tds) 29 0 0

ray had atleast 4 tds in 3 less games.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.