`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stoked on incoming wax...

Stoked on incoming wax...
So I've had the itch to bust some wax, but wanted to save the majority of my funds for key PC Cards... I also wanted to pick up some wax from my collecting hiatus.

Got the following 6 boxes coming for $160 delivered.

2001 UD pros and prospects
2002 UD minors
2002 fleer tradition update
2002 UD series 2
2002 UD vintage
2004 UD series 1

Nothing ground breaking. The possibility of a rare ichiro in 2001, and some cool minor league base of stars in UD minors. Some longshot inserts in each that have the chance to be cool as well. But at that price point, figured I couldn't go wrong. More for fun than anything.

I'll post results in box breaks when they get in.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Stoked on incoming wax...
One of my 'most fun' wax moments was recently opening a couple of boxes of 1993 Topps (series 2, I believe) ... Mostly garbage, but it was fun ... Inaugural season of Marlins/Rockies so that was interesting, too. I think both boxes were less than $15, but it scratched the itch and quenched the thirst Smile
Can't wait to see what you got! Good luck!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yeah. Should be some fun!

Each box has some longshot odds at some pretty sweet cards, so I'm hoping that between the 6 boxes I hit at least one really cool rarity, whether it be insert, parallel or auto.

Worst comes to worst, upper deck had some pretty cool looking inserts!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

Late 90's/ early 2000's havethe prettiest cards ever produced IMO. Good luck with your breaks dude!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Post some pics!

nice box selection good luck. I might have to think about going old school too, as I missed collecting boxes from mid/late 90's-aprox 09.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(08-08-2015, 07:40 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: nice box selection good luck. I might have to think about going old school too, as I missed collecting boxes from mid/late 90's-aprox 09.
Right on. I'll post pics in box breaks to give an idea of what is in them/what they look like etc. I'm hoping to find an insert set I like and try to out it together