`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Halak" of Self Control Got Me This NHL Debut Piece!

"Halak" of Self Control Got Me This NHL Debut Piece!
Don't forget to "Like" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook to show your support for this project!

So, here it is, the first of four new additions to be posted as they arrive.

Probably the one I'm most excited about, but the first to arrive, so what the heck, might as well post it already!

Even before this guy made the NHL, I knew he was a special talent, and it was no surprise when he made it, but that's another story altogether.

Jaroslav Halak was born on May 13, 1985 in Bratislava, Slovakia. He was drafted 271st overall by Montreal in 2003, and then once turning pro, he continuously put up unreal numbers at the ECHL and AHL levels before finally getting his chance with Montreal in 2006-07. He made his NHL debut on February 18, 2007 against the Columbus Blue Jackets in a 3-2 victory. He remained with Montreal until the 2009-10 season, even supplanting Carey Price as the starter in that final year. In 2010-11, he was acquired by the St. Louis Blues, and he evenly split goaltending duties with Brian Elliott for several seasons. In 2013-14, the Washington Capitals acquired him for the end of the season before the New York Islanders signed him for the 2014-15 year. In that first year with the Isles, he posted a career high in wins and helped the Islanders back into the playoffs. As he is still active in the league, career numbers will not be posted until he is gone from the show.

This piece that you are looking at today is a photomatched 2006-07 Montreal Canadiens Set 1 Road Jersey (Set 2 on the paperwork, but Meigray and the collar list it as a set 1. Halak only used a set 1 and set 3 that year) used by Halak in his NHL debut, first win, and first loss, for a total of three games. The wear is substantial and is a fine piece of NHL history.

Acquired from: Players Choice Sports with Meigray paperwork

Dates of Game Use:
February 18, 2007 v Columbus (3-2W, 31-33)
February 22, 2007 v Nashville (6-5SOW, 26-31)
February 24, 2007 v Islanders (3-2L, 28-31)

Photomatched: YES

[Image: halak1_zpshr5fj2qf.jpg]

[Image: halak2_zps2bqqxhxm.jpg]

[Image: halak3_zpseiu3qs2v.jpg]

[Image: halak4_zpsbm6wlls5.jpg]

[Image: halak5_zpsvighjcte.jpg]

[Image: halak6_zpsxeaqoabm.jpg]

[Image: halak7_zps0zhy3goc.jpg]

[Image: halak9_zpsbxk4bq7r.jpg]

[Image: halak10_zps7zp3sznz.jpg]

[Image: halak11_zps6rwwlzwj.jpg]

RE: "Halak" of Self Control Got Me This NHL Debut Piece!
Very nice and major addition to your museum.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

nice pick up saw this on your fb page

As always, thanks for sharing these incredible treasures with the masses.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Great addition!!

You forgot to mention his quick stop for a coffee and TimBits in Buffalo before going to the Caps. Never played but he dressed for one game, I wonder whatever happened to that jersey..

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

As for what happened to the Buffalo jersey...they either let him keep it, or they recycled it for another guy to wear. The Sabres aren't too kind to single gamers.