`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to start a Star Wars collection.

Wanting to start a Star Wars collection.
Any suggestions on how/where to get started?
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

RE: Wanting to start a Star Wars collection.
Heard the 1977 collection is super sweet, look like vintage throwback cards. The Jedi/Sith Chrome is really popular right now.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Just bought a blaster box of 2015 Topps Star Wars: Journey to The Force Awakens from the base exchange. Got some pretty cool looking star wars cards. Looks like the wife and I are gonna at least complete the Slime Green set and possibly the inserts. Ended up getting one purple and one neon (pink) parallel. We still like the slime green look the best though.

When starting a Star Wars collection, you can't go wrong with picking up the original sets that were devoted to the first three films. They have maintained their value over the years (not considerably expensive but stable) and they are nice throwbacks to a much simpler time of collecting. You also can't go wrong with the new JTTFA product either. It's a nice homage to the originals. With many very colorful parallels and some pretty sweet autos randomly inserted, they are a fine addition to any Star Wars collection.

I've gotten three blaster boxes of the new JTTFA, not bad, I like the inserts/parallels. No autos yet, but got a couple of the cloth cards and some pink and purple parallels. My wife and I decided to build the slime green parallel. I like the idea of getting the original sets.

I would look for "lots" on eBay as opposed to sets (it seems to be a cheaper route). I ended up collecting all of the 1977, 1980, and 1983 sets that way. The newer sets are easier to collect. If you just want the sets I just picked up the base 2015 topps set for 14.99 and the slime green for 18.99 on eBay. I also grabbed a few of the insert sets for under $5. I would start now before the movie comes out. I imagine prices will start to increase when it does (if they haven't already). Good luck!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Definitely start with the original sets.

Getting in a time machine and going back a few decades wouldn't hurt, either, but then don't we all wish we had one shot at that?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.