`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which case to buy, or just go expensive box?

Which case to buy, or just go expensive box?
I'm thinking a case would be my best bet to buy, with a $500ish budget any suggestions? Or would I be better off getting a couple of higher end boxes/product?
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

RE: Which case to buy, or just go expensive box?
(08-02-2015, 08:38 PM)woogie23 Wrote: I'm thinking a case would be my best bet to buy, with a $500ish budget any suggestions? Or would I be better off getting a couple of higher end boxes/product?
With only $500 I'd suggest Topps Museum Collection or Topps Tribute. $500 won't nearly cover a case, but possibly 2 boxes. I've had good luck with both products.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(08-02-2015, 09:03 PM)bamyanks Wrote: With only $500 I'd suggest Topps Museum Collection or Topps Tribute. $500 won't nearly cover a case, but possibly 2 boxes. I've had good luck with both products.
+1 with this. FAR better chances at pulling something great out of two boxes of these than cases of Series 1, 2, etc. You could also go with Triple Threads or Five Star.

Save your self the risk and buy singles you want. It sucks that you wont get the excitement of opening the product but you'll get $500 worth of stuff instead getting junk cards. $500= alot of good cards.

Fight the urge to open a box and ebay that up and get twice or three times as many cards as you would out of just a high end box.

(08-02-2015, 09:34 PM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: Save your self the risk and buy singles you want. It sucks that you wont get the excitement of opening the product but you'll get $500 worth of stuff instead getting junk cards. $500= alot of good cards.

Fight the urge to open a box and ebay that up and get twice or three times as many cards as you would out of just a high end box.
What he said! You can also buy cards from people on various forums if you need pc stuff or trade bait. I've had 3 solid hits in the 20 or so boxes I've busted in the last few years, just a waste of money imo
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

My sugestions are these 3 options buy high end boxes, go on ebay buy singles and maybe a mid range box for fun if need to scratch the itch, buy a combo of low-mid-high-singles/boxes
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Ya it seems every time I feel I've pulled a great hit, the best I usually get is a card that has paid for the box, usually I get frustrated and get crap. But that itch comes back often...heh Oh the dilemma, I think I like the idea of buying one mid-high end box and what's left buy what I want for my PC's. This still gives me an excuse to go to the LCS and shoot the s**t.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

(08-02-2015, 09:48 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: What he said! You can also buy cards from people on various forums if you need pc stuff or trade bait. I've had 3 solid hits in the 20 or so boxes I've busted in the last few years, just a waste of money imo
I'm also starting to find myself buying singles on the BAY recently. When I have the itch, to break something, I just go pick up a blaster or two. The only real product I will be investing in this year, will be Bowman's Best.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

If you have the itch to break a case...break a case of the Bowman Chrome Jumbo with 5 autos per box!
Looking for ...
1)autos of Gwynn, Headley, Venable, as well as Chargers... Gates, and Rivers.
2) autos/gu'd of Baldelli, Zobrist, rare Red Soxs
3) HOF autos, game-used and #<50

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/gwynn_fan/