Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yanks prspect Severino called up to start Wed vs. BoSox

RE: Yanks prspect Severino called up to start Wed vs. BoSox
I hope Severino does well-

But not too well. A ND going 6 with 3ER sounds good to me Smile I hope Owens cuts down on his walks. If he does, he is a legit front of the rotation man from what I've read/ watched
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(08-03-2015, 08:08 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Hey Doc. I was starting to get excited about this series because the Sox are calling up Henry Owens to pitch in this.I wonder if it's the same game as Severino. Possible look at part of the future to come on both sides of the fence.
That would have been an awesome matchup but unfortunately, no.
Owens is slated to pitch against Tanaka (which might actually be better for Owens)
Severino is pitching against Wright (which may be better for Severino)
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades Smile
(08-03-2015, 05:43 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: I hope Severino does well-But not too well. A ND going 6 with 3ER sounds good to me Smile I hope Owens cuts down on his walks. If he does, he is a legit front of the rotation man from what I've read/ watched
Being on the other side of the Diamond, I Totally understand your position. Smile ... And going 6 with 3 ER is better than many veteran starters are doing now, so I also appreciate your generosity Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-03-2015, 07:17 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades
Did you just go there, lol

Seriously though, I hope they do well.

Doc, I hope your guy does well. However I hope it isn't against my Red Sox.

As a Yanks fan, I hope Severino does well. The team needs some swagger on the mound.

Great collection so far! His prices will spike if he has a good outing...haha.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(08-04-2015, 03:06 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Doc, I hope your guy does well. However I hope it isn't against my Red Sox.
Totally understandable. And right back at'ya with Owens Smile hope he had a great future, but not tonight in the Bronx Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-04-2015, 03:06 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Doc, I hope your guy does well. However I hope it isn't against my Red Sox.
Well, seems like we got the best of both worlds.
For me, A great debut for Severino and for you, a win for the BoSox.

(08-05-2015, 09:43 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Well, seems like we got the best of both worlds.
For me, A great debut for Severino and for you, a win for the BoSox.
He looked good last night Doc. I think that he had a learning moment with Ortiz that he'll hold onto forever.

Hey, if someone had to take him deep, at least it was Big Papi and not some 'nobody' ... If you get beat, get beat by the best. No shame in that. Catfish Hunter used to say that solo home runs never hurt him. It was the HR after 2 consecutive walks that killed him.
Severino had a good outing and after a decent start, earned his place in the rotation.
Eduardo vs. CC tonight ... Eduardo Rodriguez is another PC player of mine ... So I'm always conflicted when my PC-guys play my Yankees.

He did look great. I just got a kick out of him trying to sneak a 2-0 fast ball right down the middle by Big Papi. We have Dennis Eckersley as an announcer and it was funny to listen to him during that sequence.