`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Back After 10 years or so. Need Help Please

RE: Back After 10 years or so. Need Help Please
(08-01-2015, 10:33 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Congrats on the return! I think a lot of people (myself included) have taken a long break, only to find themselves back in the madness sooner or later. I was out of collecting from around 2000-2001 to 2010-11. There is a lot of adjusting required lol. 2015-16 products won't be released until closer to the start of the season. The expensive products are more for the gamblers, but they make for great singles pickups on ebay. There are a lot of great products for cheaper though depending on your tastes. If you like lots of packs with inserts autos and jersey cards, Court Kings, Pinnacle, and Prizm all have this and can be had for around $60-$70. There are also some really nice mid level products, such as Gold Standard, Preferred, and Paramount that are in the $100-$200 range. You have plenty of options. Just go to darcardworld.com to browse all the products by year.
This. Check out all the stuff. You can get some older stuff too, since a lot of us miss the UD pro license like you do!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I recommend using cardboardconnection.com as a good resource for new and old products alike. Set checklists, product information, and much more can be found there. I've been away from collecting for 10+ years also, and well, WOW.... Never thought they would sell a box with only one pack inside of it with 4 or 5 cards for over $500!!! I've never really collected Basketball, wanting to know for some strange reason, but have been a long time collector of Baseball. Welcome back to the hobby and good luck not diving in too deep too fast!
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

thank you all for the warm welcome back!
I have been having a little fun, I opened up some Panini Excalibur packs. Nothing fancy but I had fun doing it!
Also, I stumbled across a seller on ebay who was selling packs form the 90s. Bought some and pulled a really nice jordan I think I will have graded. It was nice to go back and open up those old packs. Made me feel like a kid again.
I love this hobby!
Ok guys, need some help with this..
How do I submit my cards for bgs grading?
I feel like the process has changed. Do I have to joing the membership program?

No membership needed. Just click the link at the top "Grading", and then "submit your collectibles". All the instructions are there, with a FAQ.

(08-07-2015, 06:54 AM)hercules21 Wrote: No membership needed. Just click the link at the top "Grading", and then "submit your collectibles". All the instructions are there, with a FAQ.
got it thanks!
Boy I remember the days were I would post something and it would fall to the 2nd or 3rd page within a matter of minutes!