`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked Pack Searchers

Crooked Pack Searchers
So today i made it my local Target and was excited to see 3 Allen & Ginter boxes on the shelf. I've had the itch to break a box before I order a hobby box. I purchased 1 box. I get home to open it and the plastic wrap looked good. I opened the pack and didn't notice that the pack was open on the bottom. What do I find? 2003 Select. I look at every pack and they are opened and all the cards replaced with CRAP!!! I went back to Target and they were cool about it and told me to get another box. It looked legit. I had a bad feeling so I opened the box in the parking lot and this box was replaced with cards from the 90's. I stormed back in and showed them. They reimbursed my money. And I told them they should remove the other box from the shelf because odds are good it was tampered with also. Oh and by the way when I went to get the 2nd box, low and behold there was a pack searcher there. I ripped him a new one and he just laughed. I told Target about the pack searchers and that there was one there now. Stores should not accept returns on cards without checking them first.

RE: Crooked Pack Searchers
(07-25-2015, 08:01 PM)nyy231504 Wrote: So today i made it my local Target and was excited to see 3 Allen & Ginter boxes on the shelf. I've had the itch to break a box before I order a hobby box. I purchased 1 box. I get home to open it and the plastic wrap looked good. I opened the pack and didn't notice that the pack was open on the bottom. What do I find? 2003 Select. I look at every pack and they are opened and all the cards replaced with CRAP!!! I went back to Target and they were cool about it and told me to get another box. It looked legit. I had a bad feeling so I opened the box in the parking lot and this box was replaced with cards from the 90's. I stormed back in and showed them. They reimbursed my money. And I told them they should remove the other box from the shelf because odds are good it was tampered with also. Oh and by the way when I went to get the 2nd box, low and behold there was a pack searcher there. I ripped him a new one and he just laughed. I told Target about the pack searchers and that there was one there now. Stores should not accept returns on cards without checking them first.
Ya, that's crap. I use to work at Target and they told me I couldn't chase the card searchers out of the store, I was so pissed every time I saw a Searcher I wanted to scream. I had the same problem a few years ago, when I bought a 2009 Topps Chrome baseball box at Kmart, and when I got home the box had all 2008 Topps chrome, not even a rookie.

I got a bunch of 89 donruss in a blaster. Not happy
[Image: dontpray11.png]

There's a big difference between a pack searcher and someone who replaces a product and returns it. One is theft, the other is just a nitwit.

(07-26-2015, 01:47 PM)ronin Wrote: There's a big difference between a pack searcher and someone who replaces a product and returns it. One is theft, the other is just a nitwit.
True, the person who replaced every card in the box and then resealed it is scum, the pack searchers are donkeys. Both are crooked though.

Both suck. Take your chances like everyone else.

The problem with searchers is, they dig their nails into the sides of the packs and/or bend the cards to try to figure out if there are mem/auto/insert cards inside.

I have mentioned this to security at Target and WalMart numerous times, and they're like, "as long as they're not opening the packages we can't do anything about it."

Basically, I almost never buy single packs of cards any more, and I always inspect blasters before I buy them now.

I agree with Ronin. The individual putting replacement cards in a box is a thief. The searcher is more like someone (on a small scale) trying to rig the lottery, and damaging cards in the process.

Fortunately, there is an LCS near where I live. The more I read threads about this kind of stuff, the more justified I feel about my self imposed ban on buying retail baseball cards.

Yup you are right jbissell, there is a difference, obviously I was hit by a thief but in my mind they are both thieves. Unless I am there at retail when they vendor is stocking the shelf I won't buy retail anymore. Sadly I don't have a local shop, a few years ago they closed up, so I have to rely on the web for my cards.

actually, by statute, both are criminals