Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked Pack Searchers

RE: Crooked Pack Searchers
I tend to agree with both sides.
Where are you located by the way so I can avoid that Target?

The people replacing your boxes with 90s junk is criminal.

As for the pack searchers:

It irritates me to no end to see some guy feeling up each pack, damaging cards for the rest of us in the process.

I asked an employee at Target once to call security but she just ended up having a friendly 10 minute chat with him. Another time I confronted one of these guys to no avail. Both guys were creeps.

I don't mind if somebody is taking a hard look to see which packs are sealed in a repack box as long as they aren't opening the box but if you are physically grabbing and feeling each card in a pack that to me deserves a kind (or not so kind but firm) interruption from a store employee for you to quit and move along.

(07-27-2015, 10:10 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The problem with searchers is, they dig their nails into the sides of the packs and/or bend the cards to try to figure out if there are mem/auto/insert cards inside.

I have mentioned this to security at Target and WalMart numerous times, and they're like, "as long as they're not opening the packages we can't do anything about it."
Next time grab a bunch of bags of chips, cookies, and bread and demonstrate how squeezing the package makes the contents less desirable. Since they don't have a problem with people doing this to packs of cards, they shouldn't have a problem with people doing the same thing to other products.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Problem with Target and Walmart and such stores...the cards are placed by outside Venders..the employees are not responsible for upkeep etc on the cards...they have no skin in the game for loss...
If the venders or the card manufacturers change the packaging so that the cards can not be "felt" or have tamper proof packaging for blasters..the era of pack searching and switching cards will end..

Otherwise..there is no stopping them..sad to say...

One thing I have always wondered about the people who feel the packs for a hit. Don't they realize that when they are doing this, they are damaging the card they are looking for in addition to the rest of the cards, which would then make that hit they were looking for almost useless, which then makes their scheme pointless? I know this may be extremely obvious here, and these people aren't necessarily the smartest people, but still.
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

I've been buying my individual packs at Toys R Us. They are encased in a "blister pack" so they can't be tampered with. It usually costs $2.99 per pack which is more than WalMart or Target but you also get three exclusive purple bordered cards with each pack. Those cards are valued from $3 and up each so it is worth it to me to buy there, especially if they are having a sale. The purple bordered cards are beautiful and make terrific trade bait.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(07-29-2015, 11:54 AM)zeprock Wrote: I've been buying my individual packs at Toys R Us. They are encased in a "blister pack" so they can't be tampered with. It usually costs $2.99 per pack which is more than WalMart or Target but you also get three exclusive purple bordered cards with each pack. Those cards are valued from $3 and up each so it is worth it to me to buy there, especially if they are having a sale. The purple bordered cards are beautiful and make terrific trade bait.

Exactly...purple cards are always the hardest for me to fill in PC parallels...

Blister packs seem like the obvious solution to this problem. I suspect the cost to the company would increase, and that would be passed on to the customer...

Here is a new low for me when it comes to pack searchers. I went to Target just 15 minutes ago and saw this. Searching Wacky Packages?? Come on man

[Image: 20150730_091227_zpst8xudnjz.jpg]

I've never seen the repackaged cards, but now that I say that, I'm sure I've just jinxed myself.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]