`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you grade this?

Would you grade this?
I have never graded a card before. I really not a big fan of graded cards but if I ever decided to sell it, It could really add some value. Would you grade this? How do you think it would grade?

[Image: 75CDF3C5-6B1A-4FFA-A0EE-8D2E31E7A96C.jpg]

RE: Would you grade this?
You're right about one thing, it will likely add value to the card - assuming it grades well.

I am going through the same dilema with some of my cards. It's definitely worth having it done! Down the road you might be happy you did too!

I'd say yes to getting it graded!

If not you can give it to me as an early birthday present?
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

(07-21-2015, 09:28 PM)Ducks_Fan Wrote: You're right about one thing, it will likely add value to the card - assuming it grades well.

I am going through the same dilema with some of my cards. It's definitely worth having it done! Down the road you might be happy you did too!

I'd say yes to getting it graded!

If not you can give it to me as an early birthday present?

That's the thing, I've thought about getting other cards graded before but I always chicken out because you just never know how it will grade.

Oh and happy early birthday. LOL

My birthday is in September, but should I be expecting this beauty of a card in the mail any time soon?

My theory is this - if BGS was around when Gretzkys OPC RC came out there would be a lot more 10s (only 1 in the world to this point). That card just sold for over $90,000!! Carey Price Ice RC BGS 10 just went on eBay for over $4400!

Obviously those are grades of 10. If you get a 9 or 9.5 it's still going to make money down the road. Plus you know you won't have to worry about it getting damaged ever again with the BGS encapsulated case!

All this talk - I've officially convinced myself to get some cards graded! Thanks for making me spend money haha
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

If you can take advantage of a grading deal or go in with some other folks to get a discount, I would definitely do it! I still the individual card grading prices are a bit too steep, but I suppose if you feel like you have at least a 9-9.5, it might be worth the additional cost.

I'm gonna have to look into it now. Beckett books it for $250. It's pack fresh, it should grade pretty high although his sig is atrocious.

If you're thinking of selling it and are not sure about grading it, don't grade it. If you want to keep it for yourself, by all means get it graded.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Invest in a cheap jeweler's loupe, also. It will make your decision to send it in for grading a bit easier if you can take a closer look at it yourself. Just from the picture, I might be a little concerned about the edges (near the gold portion on the right side - near "Rookie", looks like a bit of a nick there).

(07-29-2015, 08:58 AM)shierydana Wrote: Invest in a cheap jeweler's loupe, also. It will make your decision to send it in for grading a bit easier if you can take a closer look at it yourself. Just from the picture, I might be a little concerned about the edges (near the gold portion on the right side - near "Rookie", looks like a bit of a nick there).

I just took a look at the card and you can see something there, I think.

I think grading and getting it slabbed would be the way to go!
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]