`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Topps Archives

2015 Topps Archives
I cracked open a box of 2015 Topps Archives today. I like the cards but not really sure this box is worth the cost. Base cards of Trout, Harper, and Joc. My 2 autos were Ryan Klesko /199 and Dontrelle Willis, so not much there. I did find a Honus Wagner SP card that I like a lot. The SP's would be a nice set to put together. Any thoughts on Archives?

RE: 2015 Topps Archives
90% of boxes aren't worth the cost... Archives can be a fun set. I haven't looked into their insert sets this year, but I loved them in 2013. The value is really hit and miss though, with most fan favorites being a $5 auto. That being said, they are almost always of cool players that I remember collecting in my childhood. Klesko is a perfect example. Dontrelle Willis was a stud as well for a few years. Cool cards, regardless of value.

This is how the vast majority of boxes look. They have improved with much better modern names in the autos though. A few years ago, it was nothing but klesos, pendletons and the likes, with some really sp'd modern day autos.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I know where you come from and you always tend to check if you got your money back but it's only frustration at the end of the day.
Do it for the fun of the hobby and the thrill to pull a big card.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

Yeah, I agree with everyone about Archives this year. I pulled an Edgardo Alfonso auto. Certainly a mainstay with the late 90s Mets, but not a card/auto I would have ever wanted. Being a Marlins fan (and anti-Mets) I would have preferred Dontrelle over Edgardo.
There are a few good Yankee autos, I believe. But other than chasing a Will Ferrell auto, or even a Kris Bryant SP, there's not much there in Archives that interests me.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Scan of the Willis?

If you are in your late 30's+ you might land a nice auto of someone you watched when you were a kid. That being said, I just buy it off eBay for a few bucks and save the box
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney