`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB All-Star game Collector show case

MLB All-Star game Collector show case
has anyone been to any one of these? Plan on taking my boy to SD for the all-star game next yr and am wondering if this collector showcase is any good for cards (not so much into collectibles). Is it large enough with good, varied selection of old and new with reasonable prices or should we just skip and move on? Where we are from there are only 3 card shops in the whole state! And of course no card shows not like there was back in the 80's.

RE: MLB All-Star game Collector show case
If you are talking about the All-Star Fanfest, then yes I would recommend it. The last one I went to was in Anaheim when the All-Star game was there and it was great for cards, collectibles, merchandise and awesome for kids because there are a lot of interactive things for them to do and it is totally free
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

I went to the All-Star Fan Fest back in 2009 when it was in St. Louis. It was well worth it in my opinion. There were lots of card vendors set up and all the major card companies had a booth too with exclusive cards to the Fan Fest. There were also tons of other activities for kids and they had player signings. I think it's something every fan needs to experience at least once. You had to buy a ticket, but most of the interactive stuff inside was free.

I've been lucky to go to 2 fan fests. First was Anaheim when I was on vacation. The second was in Boston, my wife was a good sport and agreed to go on her birthday. Both times were great and even my wife enjoyed them... Lots of cards, collectables, memorabilia. I would definitely go and bring your children...

thanks for the replies people! really good to hear that is great for cards and stuff as well as fun for kids. My son collects bb cards, watches bb, and plays bb almost yr round so it should all be very fun and interesting.

moving a little off topic anyone ever been to an all-star game and all its festivities? Seems as if tickets are not as readily available to the general public. looking at stubhub tickets are through the roof. are the prices any more reasonable when they 1st go on sale? Any advice or info on the game, festivities, and tickets would be greatly appreciated

(07-09-2015, 04:17 PM)gsy971 Wrote: moving a little off topic anyone ever been to an all-star game and all its festivities? Seems as if tickets are not as readily available to the general public. looking at stubhub tickets are through the roof. are the prices any more reasonable when they 1st go on sale? Any advice or info on the game, festivities, and tickets would be greatly appreciated
I went in 1995 when the game was at Rangers Ballpark. I didn't buy the tickets; my Aunt did. So, I can't help you with prices. Plus, it was a long time ago. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

In 1995, my ASG tickets at the Ballpark in Arlington cost $45 each. My friend picked up the tab for them and when I picked them up from him also offered to buy me breakfast since he was on an expense account. Great seats in retrospect; 2 rows from the top of the stadium (Meaning under the roof so to speak, if you live in the DFW area you would understand that reference) and right behind home plate.

I laughed and said, you bought the tickets. I got breakfast.

Same friend arranged for ASG tickets in 1987 (2 days after National) and 1997 to the ASG. Don't remember who paid for those.

And he also arranged for 2005 WS tickets in Houston and 2010-11 tickets in Arlington. I had to PAY fot those WS tickets those,
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

(07-10-2015, 08:26 AM)richk Wrote: In 1995, my ASG tickets at the Ballpark in Arlington cost $45 each. My friend picked up the tab for them and when I picked them up from him also offered to buy me breakfast since he was on an expense account. Great seats in retrospect; 2 rows from the top of the stadium (Meaning under the roof so to speak, if you live in the DFW area you would understand that reference) and right behind home plate.
We were on the homerun porch. However, it was obstructed view.

I still have the entire ticket in the acrylic case that I bought for it. Its somewhere around here somewhere.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!