`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patience

Patience
How long do you wait for a conteroffer reply to a trade offer that you start? It is frustrating when a member doesn't make any attempt to communicate intention. I have started looking at profile pages in an attempt to only initiate trades with members that have logged on in the last week or so. This helps but I have noticed that even some of these folks do not respond.

RE: Patience
I don't send out a ton of offers because I don't have too much free time but I've had several with no replies. Two I sent out I was really aggravated by until I checked the last time they were on and it was early 2014. I didn't understand this because why would they have an org/account? Then I remembered Beckett automatically bills you and they probably don't realize they still have active accounts. One other offer that sticks out in my mind was an offer I sent and the guy wouldn't reply for 9 or 10 days. I was checking to see when he was logging on and it was everyday. After day 4 or 5 I sent small messages asking if he was interested and if I could get some sort of reply. Nothing. There was no way I could have insulted him because I never fill out the other traders side of the deal. Finally I cancelled and said thanks for the common courtesy. Now because of that individual if I send an offer and see that you've been logging on everyday with no response, I give 3 days max then cancel. My trades get too bunched up and confusing as it is. If they really want to trade they'll re-open one. I expect the same done to me. If I can't get back to someone in what they consider a reasonable time frame, I will take no offense to being cancelled.

I always check to see if the person I'm sending the offer to has traded in the last month. I know people have busy lives and they won't be able to get to the offer for a little bit. I'll usually cancel if I don't get any response within a few weeks.
Seattle Mariners super collector
I also collect some Braves players

Top wants
1 Kyle Seager            571 different cards
2 Ken Griffey, Jr.        1,202 different cards
3 Felix Hernandez      772 different cards
4 Hank Aaron            388 different cards
5 Edgar Martinez       540 different cards

I will usually wait a few weeks. I know that personally I don't have the time to respond to trade offers more than about twice a week. I may log in to the system but just don't have time to respond to trade offers every time. Usually need to find some time to make sure I actually have the cards in the trade. With close to 500k cards sometimes it requires some free time at home.

I to don't initiate a whole lot of trades. I have one I'd love to get done for 1995 Flair Hot Gloves Barry Bonds card. Beckett only shows 3 members with it, and 2 have not logged in for a very long time. I sent the request over a week ago with no response, but the member is logging in and out. Could this be a situation where they may not have renewed ORG, but still check the boards?

BTW-It's not because you don't have plenty to offer mnahoom1.. wow!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(07-02-2015, 05:54 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: I to don't initiate a whole lot of trades. I have one I'd love to get done for 1995 Flair Hot Gloves Barry Bonds card. Beckett only shows 3 members with it, and 2 have not logged in for a very long time. I sent the request over a week ago with no response, but the member is logging in and out. Could this be a situation where they may not have renewed ORG, but still check the boards?

BTW-It's not because you don't have plenty to offer mnahoom1.. wow!
That's my guess, I know a lot of guys here who don't pay for a subscription anymore but are on all the time.

(07-02-2015, 02:06 PM)mnahoom1 Wrote: How long do you wait for a conteroffer reply to a trade offer that you start? It is frustrating when a member doesn't make any attempt to communicate intention. I have started looking at profile pages in an attempt to only initiate trades with members that have logged on in the last week or so. This helps but I have noticed that even some of these folks do not respond.
Always check and see if they have traded in the past month as said above, members get on all the time that don't pay for the site but like to check it out and post. If you don't pay you can't even reply to trade offers. As far as how long I wait, I usually give it 3 or 4 days. I'm a super collector so I have to move quick to get the cards I want. That's just part of being a super collector though, you can't wait around too long or you may not see the card again for weeks, months, or even years in some cases.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I wait 15 days I also send a PM if no action I cancel the trade. If they say it will be a while I have left some open for a month and send another PM if they keep some kind of communication I will leave it open if no communication it is cancelled. Currently I am revamping my organizer and trying to move (sell) a bunch of stuff to clean out a mess I have. I havent sold a single card in over 15 years but with little trade action I have no choice. I need to move stuff to get new stuff one reason I have not bought a box of cards in 3 months and the box I did buy are still in the packs until I have room ro enter them in my organizer and trade books.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]