`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997 Crown Royale Silver.... *SMH*

1997 Crown Royale Silver.... *SMH*
I went back over the threads we've all contributed to, mostly the "unlisted" thread that is still the most valuable thread around, but I still haven't found a pic or a lockdown description of the 97 Crown Royale silver parallels. I had this one shelved for a while because I had plenty of Marino cards to find, but now it's bugging me again. The base card is gold foil crown with a holographic silver background filling in the gaps in the crown... blue holofoil - silver crown with a blue holofoil background, gold holofoil - silver crown with a gold holofoil background... all fairly straight forward. The description in OPG says "released in special retail packs; a "simple" silver crown at the top. Without a picture that says to me that it has the same silver crown as the gold and blue holofoils... but with what background? Silver holofoil (like the base card with a silver foil crown instead of a gold one)? An added silver "icon" somewhere? Seriously, this is killing me. Is there anyone that can nail this one down 100%. I've seen several different "silver" cards listed and they are all surely gold holofoils... are we talking another phantom parallel here?
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

RE: 1997 Crown Royale Silver.... *SMH*
Its silver holofoil/silver foil. They are a pain to find. Definitely less than 100 made, add in that they're retail.... well, you know why I hope I find one before you do. BAHAHAHAHAHHA. Literally the only way to tell them apart is have the gold holofoil/silver foil and the blue and put it next to one.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I feel your pain. For the longest time I couldn't tell the 95 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cuts and the Flat gold versions apart.

(06-29-2015, 05:30 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Its silver holofoil/silver foil. They are a pain to find. Definitely less than 100 made, add in that they're retail.... well, you know why I hope I find one before you do. BAHAHAHAHAHHA. Literally the only way to tell them apart is have the gold holofoil/silver foil and the blue and put it next to one.
That's what I was thinking... I get out once a year so my chances are low LOL. Plus, I was almost sure that Crown Royale released retail as a last minute thing and in low print runs... silvers are 1:144 if memory serves so pr of 100 sounds about right. Probably half still in wax too.

#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --