`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps 2015 Series 2 Short Prints & Variations

RE: Topps 2015 Series 2 Short Prints & Variations
(06-26-2015, 08:37 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hey guys, question for anyone that knows. I just bought mynephew 14 packs of series 2 then read this thread. All of his base cards have the same code on the back except for number 398. It's Jirdan Zimmerman no hitter checklist gold card. Is this an sp or are all the checklists different?
All the checklists end in 1861 I believe.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Also, why is that code there? Thanks Doc, btw.

(06-26-2015, 11:54 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Also, why is that code there? Thanks Doc, btw.
Glad to be of assistance!
Which code are you asking about, Matt? The one for the checklist? If so, no idea why they differentiated the checklist common base cards from the rest of the base set. Doesn't make sense to me, but they did. Topps being Topps?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

There are some cards that have different codes but aren't variations. Here is what it says on cardboard connection about the variations and short prints:

Photo Variations finish with 3808. Sparkles are 3810. A couple of the base set subsets have different codes. These are not variations. 3808 and 3810 are the codes to look for.

Read more: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2015-...z3eHInc0fM
All Content Copyright 2014 Cardboard Connection Inc
Follow us: @sportscards on Twitter
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]