`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Rod 3,000 hits

RE: A Rod 3,000 hits
It doesn't sound like he'll be getting his 3000 hit ball back either unless he forks over the money.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...01863.html

This article leads me to my next question... if you caught a milestone ball from your favorite player what would you do with it? I can understand why someone would want to sell the ball in order to make money and be well off and truthfully I wouldn't blame them. Me personally, if it was Biggio's 3000th or Chipper's 2000th hit I'd give it back and politely ask for something to exchange it with. Anyone else's I not so sure I wouldn't explore it's worth. I'd at least try to sell it back to the player or ball club for something but I wouldn't be greedy about it.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(06-19-2015, 09:21 PM)Odyssey Wrote: It doesn't sound like he'll be getting his 3000 hit ball back either unless he forks over the money.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...01863.html

This article leads me to my next question... if you caught a milestone ball from your favorite player what would you do with it? I can understand why someone would want to sell the ball in order to make money and be well off and truthfully I wouldn't blame them. Me personally, if it was Biggio's 3000th or Chipper's 2000th hit I'd give it back and politely ask for something to exchange it with. Anyone else's I not so sure I wouldn't explore it's worth. I'd at least try to sell it back to the player or ball club for something but I wouldn't be greedy about it.
The guy that caught it is a d...bag. Excuse my language. But he is a bad man. And who cares that guy has sold balls he claimed to be historic. But you never know.

I would give any significant ball back for sure.

(06-19-2015, 09:27 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: The guy that caught it is a d...bag. Excuse my language. But he is a bad man. And who cares that guy has sold balls he claimed to be historic. But you never know.

I would give any significant ball back for sure.
I agree the guy sounds like a prick for sure. Some people may even think I sound like one considering I even admitted I'd probably do it.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

It is a great achievement. When of all players who have played. That not even 30 of them have 3,000 hits. Yes I do understand he did use PED's. For part of his career they also were legal. MLB didn't stop the use of them. So few have reached this milestone.

Congrats to arod, yes, he cheated and got caught many times. Lol

I have ton of arod's for trade, if anybody is interested??????
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(06-19-2015, 08:57 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Completely forgot about him and scimmed right over him while looking.

And I'm not thinking he will get another 1000 but that was always the talk when Jeter was playing after 3000.

So it's safe to say that NOONE will ever catch Rose
rose's record is actually one of the easier records to break. all you have to do is hit well - not great - for a long time, and just go for singles, and dont try to walk that much (with the expanded strike zone, folks are going away from trying to take pitches). same formula jeter used, same as carew, gwynn

pete rose hit 303 in his career, good for 173rd all-time. but he is first in games and at-bats. he played for 24 seasons. over 75% of his hits were singles

there's nobody thats been in the league for 7 years that is likely to threaten it right now, but there will come a time when that record is broken. much more like than henderson's sb record, or bonds hr record, etc
(06-19-2015, 11:34 PM)stwainfan Wrote: It is a great achievement. When of all players who have played. That not even 30 of them have 3,000 hits. Yes I do understand he did use PED's. For part of his career they also were legal. MLB didn't stop the use of them. So few have reached this milestone.
no no no no no. this is absolutely false. im sorry.

first off, he admitted to anabolic steroid use, which is 1. illegal 2. been against the rules since around 82. ped usage wasnt just made illegal in 2005

and he didnt just use PED's. he has willfully over the entirety of his career taken just about everything he could. not just hgh, not just cream and clear, not just stuff we have never heard of (and if you think he's clean now...i have some farmland in manhattan to sell you), but absolute anabolic steroids. he did them in seattle, he did them in texas, he did them with the yankees

and besides the cheating, he's a pos scumbag, on and off the diamond. his charity? lets just take 2006: Alex Rodriguez had raised $403,862 through his A-Rod Family Foundation in 2006 but donated only $5,090 of it to charitable causes. and the whole reason he started the charity? "I got in some trouble for poker last year, so why not turn it around and raise some money for the children?” Rodriguez said

screw this guy, and screw anyone who defends him, and tries to excuse what he did

Spoken like a true Bostonian

ROSES RECORD WILL NEVER BE BROKEN
mark my words

(06-20-2015, 07:12 AM)yankees_pride Wrote: Spoken like a true Bostonian

ROSES RECORD WILL NEVER BE BROKEN
mark my words
in the words of Prince: never is mighty long time

and im not sure what me being from boston has anything to do with that opinion. at least i back my opinion up with something that doesnt just get pulled from my kiester

Jacoby: agree with everything you said on a-hole but not Rose. If that was an easy record to break the major leaguer's would have figured that part by now and there would be dozens on their way to breaking his record. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in professional sports. It takes a great deal of skill to hit a ball and exponentially more to hit it purposefully where someone isn't. A hit is a hit. If Rose was a faster runner we'd be talking about how he legged out more doubles and triples in his career and held those records as well. Then there wouldn't even be an argument who the greatest player of all time was. Jeter played 20 years and had 900 less hits. Aaron played 23 and had about 500 less. You have to remain constant and you have to remain healthy. As for the 75% thing, people don't care. A hit is a hit. Ichiro is regarded as one of the greatest hitters ever and his singles rate? Well over 80% of his hits are singles (81.5%). The great Ty Cobb? Just under 75% (73%).

(06-19-2015, 08:40 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Yup. And there's 27 real members.
With this comment, I was happy & excited. This is because I thought that we were on the same page. But, upon reading this whole thread, I know now that we aren't on the same page.

So, I'd like to submit to the court, that there are 26 real members.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!