`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron James place in history

LeBron James place in history

How does the losses in the Finals effect his place among the all time best players?

RE: LeBron James place in history
I don't think it does. Consider how many times Wilt Chamberlain never won a championship because of Bill Russell and a young Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Or consider guys like Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and John Stockton who never won a Championship? Are they lesser for it?

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(06-19-2015, 07:50 PM)taffster74 Wrote: I don't think it does.

+ 1

Considering everything: going to finals last 6 years with two different teams, winning two, having to carry Cleveland through the finals among other things...I'd say he will go down as ONE of the "G.O.A.T"

DISCLAIMER: I'm actually not a lebron James fan but he is a phenomenal player!

First and foremost I am not a huge fan of Lebron as a person but I have to respect his game. There is no way around respecting what he does on the court. REGARDLESS of how much you like/dislike him, you have to understand the all around skill he displays on the court.

When Love went down, I felt that their chance to reach the finals was limited. When Kyrie went down I felt that they stood no chance. Although they ultimately lost 4-2, I was impressed with Lebron. He elevated the play of the members of that team. I mean seriously who knew of Delly before the finals? He has an ability to motivate his teammates and get them to play beyond their abilities. Besides Lebron, who else is known for their scoring? Maybe JR Smith, James Jones sometimes, but really who else? For him to average a near triple double in the finals is beyond amazing (1 assist shy). He carried that team and did everything he could to help them win and put them in contention to win. Besides game 6 none of the games were really blowouts.

My one critique was all the ISO ball. Thus Lebron shooting 30-40 shots per game. Although his stats looked awful at times (14-34 for an example) he still was shooting 40% from the field. Could he have included his teammates more? I dunno if it would have mattered or if he had not taken so many shots would they have been able to help with scoring. But again when you average 9 assists per game in the finals you are still trying to include your team. And to have two triple doubles in the finals? Pretty crazy!

As far as his legacy, haters are going to hate. In my opinion he is one of the best all around players I have watched play. His offense may not be as explosive as Jordan, but his rebounding and passing skills elevate him into being a solid all around player. It literally made me sick to my stomach reading the comments on ESPN. Every comment was negative and made it seem as if it were the Warriors Vs. Lebron by himself. So much hate. Again I dont necessarily disagree with disliking Lebron the person (The Decision) but to be that ignorant about his abilities on the court just bothers me.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Imo, the loss doesn't affect him. It's not his fault Varejao, Love and Kyrie got injured. Mind you, I'm not a huge fan of his but I respect his game. He's one of the all-time greats of the NBA.

Ewing never won a ring. Neither Barkley, KMalone, Stockton, RMiller. Does that take away from each of their hall of fame careers? Not in my book. But I think LeBron will reach The Finals again. The only thing stopping him would be an injury or injuries to his teammates, like we just witnessed.

All I'd like to know is why Matrix and MMiller didn't get more burn in The Finals? Were they hurt? Matrix is retiring as well.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(06-20-2015, 01:43 PM)vgqv Wrote: All I'd like to know is why Matrix and MMiller didn't get more burn in The Finals? Were they hurt? Matrix is retiring as well.
I agree on this. There has been rumors that Blatt might be gone next year. A lot of the critique on his part is that he did not coach very well when the game was on the line and did not use his Veterans like he could of. Miller could have been a spark off the bench hitting a couple threes and Marion is still high energy. I didnt understand that either.

[Image: Nick.jpg]