`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Topps Jumbo break, fake / manu Trout knob

Topps Jumbo break, fake / manu Trout knob
Busted a jumbo box of 2015 Topps series two to try and finish off the set. Ended up about 12 cards short but lucky a friend had all of those for me from his two box break.

Hit a photo variation of Kluber

Auto was a Blue Jay

Pitcher bat card, always a treat to pull a game used bat of a pitcher since they are normally such great hitters.

5/99
[Image: Topps%20Tom%20Seaver.jpg]

Still a nice Seaver

One of my collecting goals has long been to pull a bat knob or nameplate card. Never have come even close! So I guess this will have to do. Fake/Manufactured bat knob.

At least it is one of the best you can pull from this series and I am pleased to have it in my collection:

[Image: Topps%20Mike%20Trout.jpg]

It only, if only!

RE: Topps Jumbo break, fake / manu Trout knob
i'm not usually a fan of the manufactured relic type cards but those bat knob cards look pretty cool...similar to the world series pin cards from a few years ago

When you say fake/manufactured, are you referring that it wasn't from one of his actual bats and it is just another type of insert that Topps created? If that is the case, that's kind of a waste, but I do agree that it is still a cool looking card.
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

(06-19-2015, 09:57 AM)ryno8669 Wrote: When you say fake/manufactured, are you referring that it wasn't from one of his actual bats and it is just another type of insert that Topps created? If that is the case, that's kind of a waste, but I do agree that it is still a cool looking card.

its just another one of those topps manufactured inserts not an actual relic

That is awesome! Nice pull.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(06-19-2015, 09:57 AM)ryno8669 Wrote: When you say fake/manufactured, are you referring that it wasn't from one of his actual bats and it is just another type of insert that Topps created? If that is the case, that's kind of a waste, but I do agree that it is still a cool looking card.
NO, this was taken from a bat Trout used in a game. Topps had some one make these for their series two product.

Just a piece of wood cut into the shape of a bat knob.

(06-19-2015, 10:29 AM)ronfir Wrote: NO, this was taken from a bat Trout used in a game. Topps had some one make these for their series two product.

Just a piece of wood cut into the shape of a bat knob.

OH well thats a little different then, still kind of neat.

Oh that's cool then if it was from one if the bats he actually used in a game.
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

(06-19-2015, 10:36 AM)ryno8669 Wrote: Oh that's cool then if it was from one if the bats he actually used in a game.
It's not a game used bat, it is just any old piece of wood cut to look like a knob. Still a very cool card.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

No matter what it is still a nice looking card.