Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinnacle Mint Coins

Pinnacle Mint Coins
Hello,
I recently purchase a card collection that had some 1997 Pinnacle Mint coins in it. How can I tell the difference between the silver, brass, gold, proofs, solid silver etc? It may seem like a dumb question but im not a coin guy so I am not really sure
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

RE: Pinnacle Mint Coins
I have the same questions about the rarer ones (gold, solid silver, etc.), but the semi-rare ones (proofs) actually say "gold proof" on the back... if memory serves they're also serial numbered. I haven't taken the time to search out the pics of the silver / nickel differences, but my guess is that the solid silver versions also say "solid silver". I know someone else will know for sure...
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

I found this http://home.comcast.net/~charneyt/pinmin.htm
It's from the racing coins they did, but I think it should be very similar...hope this helps.

(06-16-2015, 07:36 PM)no1dolphan Wrote: I have the same questions about the rarer ones (gold, solid silver, etc.), but the semi-rare ones (proofs) actually say "gold proof" on the back... if memory serves they're also serial numbered. I haven't taken the time to search out the pics of the silver / nickel differences, but my guess is that the solid silver versions also say "solid silver". I know someone else will know for sure...

The say Fine silver and Solid Gold.It also has a certificate that was inserted into the pack.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.